TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What or Who keeps whacking the forum?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by W8MM, Oct 11, 2007.

1. W8MM

W8MM R1.5 #325 + Mdl S #01380

Is there anything in common with the continuing forum outages?

I'm just curious. Script kiddies? Virus? Organized sabotage?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike in Cincinnati

2. danny

danny Administrator

From what I observed, the two hackers did not have anything in common in their methods or in who they were, however theres no way of knowing that for sure.

3. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Last time wasn't it just a spam attack? I know the old V is for Voltage forum was hacked a while back and they had to start a new one. Are hackers targeting EV forums? Is it a plot to suppress the technology? :eek::wink:

4. danny

danny Administrator

Yes, the old hacking was a basically a spam attack.
    I don't want to get into too much detail on this one.
    One thing I can say is that I have no evidence that this was a contrived effort to undermine electric cars, but you never know:confused:

5. DDB

DDB Member

Oil and Gas at it again huh?

6. Takumi

Takumi Member

I just want to say thanks dsacks6 and GreenSpeed for keeping back-ups and getting the forum up and running again.

Don't forget that you have people in here who are willing to help and donate what they can. Just say the word!

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

The conspiracy theorist in me ponders many things including the idea that the site owner has a deal with Tesla to "mysteriously" take down the site any time some controversial news story is about to break. But that would just be too weird and unthinkable, so I put it right out of my head.

8. danny

danny Administrator

lol:biggrin:
    With regard to the future, I will try and get it back up immediately in the future. I am learning how to do it myself rather then having to rely on the help of other people.