TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What other cars did you consider when shopping for MS

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Indpowr, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

#1 Indpowr, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    The car is primarily for my wife but, still around for me to enjoy whenever I feel like taking it out. She has a few cars to drive so I can be a tad impractical lol.

I offered her pretty much anything sub 100k. She likes sports cars yet likes the GT style. But, it has to be 4 seats. The Ferrari 360 Spyder was awesome price at 75k but, need back seats.

I offered her today a Ferrari California which she is considering haha. She is mad I offered it to her hahaha

We have a Tesla P90D that should be ready anytime now. And this has a full CPO warranty so thats a big plus.

Other cars we considered
    i8
    Maserati Ghibli (sis inlaw has one so she doesn't want to match) and I don't care for the

S class non amg
    CLS but about to get a new body
    Audi
    Hate Porsche

What did you look for

Few pics of the California FB_IMG_1487958515642.jpg FB_IMG_1487958431045.jpg FB_IMG_1487958444817.jpg

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

BMW M5 or Maserati Quattroporte

• Like x 1
  3. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

Honestly, I considered nothing else. In fact, I had not even planned on getting anything at all for another couple of years, but Teslust finally overcame me.

• Like x 3
  4. Beckler

Beckler Member

Don't own one but I would consider these ones:

And of course that old stalwart of german engineering, of superior interior quality,

• Like x 1
  5. ahurst

ahurst Member

Audi A7
    Maserati Ghibli

6. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

BMW M4

So glad I went with the Tesla. I previously had an M235i which I really liked, but the M4 was just more of the same. Sure it was faster, and a bit larger, but it would have quickly felt like I was driving the same car that I had been driving for 3 years.

7. jayman

jayman Member

I thought about the model X and then the model 3 but didn't wanna wait > 1 yr to get it. So I got the model S.

• Like x 2
  8. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

I have to admit I did look at one other car before buying my Model S.

I looked at a Model X.

• Like x 4
  9. Sully's8

Sully's8 Member

M5, A7, Range Rover Sport V8. Gas hogs, LOL

10. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

My wife made me "look" at other cars before my purchase. I spent 5 mins looking at a BMW 5 series. Boring. I looked at Lexus ES and GS and the looks of their front, turned me off. Truth be told, Tesla had me at "Hello". It was over after my test drive.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  11. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Just the Model X. I never thought I would ever say this but "I have zero interest in ICE vehicles"

• Like x 1
  12. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#12 Xenoilphobe, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    I looked at a different color Model S - I already have a convertible - so don't need another overpowered Miata.

Actually the California T is a pretty nice car - just 10 X what I paid for my track Miata - which can do a sub 5 second 0 to 60 and handles better than this car. Ferrari California T - Car and Driver

13. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

Just so many options in the 90-100k range lmao

I found a 5k miles P90D with L for the same price as my CPO P90D without L. same options.

So is 25k less miles w/L worth more than having warranty for 2 more years. lol ugh

14. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Before I ordered my P85D I came from an Audi S8 which I only got a new car because it was in an accident... We were comparing a BMW 750Li, BMW M6 (Sedan), Lexus LS 460L, Audi RS7 for me. But for my wife she was comparing the Range Rover Sport Autobiography, Audi Q7, Jaguar XF, BMW 5 Series. But ended up on a Model S and when I received mines my wife would always leave her Tahoe keys on the counter with a note that said "Good Luck with the gas guzzler :)"

• Funny x 2
  15. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

Not at all interested in anything else.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

None. Wasn't even in the market for a new car. Then I found this board.

• Like x 3
  17. dmode

dmode Member

I considered the X. None of the other premium cars really interest me anymore

18. fallen888

fallen888 Participant

I wasn't considering anything fancy, I just wanted an electric car. I considered Nissan Leaf, Kia Soul EV, Chevy Volt. They all have terrible range and are ugly. The choice was clear.

19. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

20. David99

David99 Active Member

I really wanted an EV so I looked at the Leaf and the i3. But the range was just too small. I drive 100 miles every day.

I did consider a hybrid, but once I test drove the Tesla I was sold.

• Like x 2