Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what other EV related companies to watch and invest in for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

The year of 2020 was exciting for Tesla owners and profitable for many Tesla investors like myself. I only bought shares of Tesla stock after I own a Tesla. After owning my first ever Tesla, I am fully convinced with conviction that EV cars is the inevitable future for popular transportation in the future. With many governments in the world pushing for renewable energy, more and more EVs will be adapted and demand will remain high in the next 10 years. This means many new EV companies or EV related supply chain companies will be created and grow quickly in the near future. What other EV related companies in the EV industry to watch and invest in for 2021? And what is your thesis?

As for my pick.
I picked NIO as my company to watch for and invest for 2021. Why? I see NIO like Huawei phone in China as alternative EV solution to Tesla for Chinese cosnumers. It will be like Huawei vs Apple in China. Many Chineses who do not buy Tesla will consider Nio as alternative if they are considering EV. The company just started ramping up production and expect to grown each quarter in China. It is true that there is risk of investing in Chinese company listed on US exchange due to political reason and number and news reported by the company may be fake news. But one of Chinese gov agenda is to have a car brand that is recognized by world stage so I think Chinese and US gov will work hard together to make sure the success of company future. Plus, my wife friends living in 1st tier cities in China like Shanghai are reporting younger generation are picking EV as their first car choice and having EV is actually a cool. In fact, many younger girls prefer to be picked up guys driving in Tesla or Nio :)