Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging from the presentation today, likely to be in-house. Apple is already using in-house designs in the Ax SoC's.

I wonder. The reason Apple isn’t using nvidia now seems to be due to various patent fights that occurred the last 20 years. I doubt Apple would have the IP to build their own GPUs? Or maybe the adults got together, excluding the lawyers, and hammered out some agreements.

I wonder. The reason Apple isn’t using nvidia now seems to be due to various patent fights that occurred the last 20 years. I doubt Apple would have the IP to build their own GPUs? Or maybe the adults got together, excluding the lawyers, and hammered out some agreements.
It's more likely that Apple is using an ARM Mali license and customizing that GPU. Mali is kind of neat in that you can just stack dozens or hundreds of the things if you want more performance, GPU compute tasks are in general one of the best examples of nearly unlimited parallelism and Mali is designed to be easily used in small or large numbers.

I have been using an iPad Pro from 2018 as my main comp for the last 2 years. Performance is insane, it still beats many 2020 portable laptops on both single and multi core benchmarks. I imagine the team that made that chip, knowing well ahead that a transitition was on the roadmap, can make a pretty decent notebook and desktop CPU and GPU.

Anybody here invest and have thoughts on Fastly(FSLY) or Cloudflare(NET)? I’m looking into FSLY but not sure I understand their competitive advantage over other CDN providers. Is it really the edge computing differentiation?

The valuations for these covid19 accelerators are through the roof, especially FSLY which has 7X from March lows.

I have been using an iPad Pro from 2018 as my main comp for the last 2 years. Performance is insane, it still beats many 2020 portable laptops on both single and multi core benchmarks. I imagine the team that made that chip, knowing well ahead that a transitition was on the roadmap, can make a pretty decent notebook and desktop CPU and GPU.

Cool. What apps do you mostly use? I use mine mostly with Microsoft Note for taking handwritten notes. Works really well.

Cool. What apps do you mostly use? I use mine mostly with Microsoft Note for taking handwritten notes. Works really well.
Same as with my old laptop. Safari, Mail, Spotify, Telegram, Yahoo Finance, Youtube, Audible, Numbers, VLC etc. With the smart keyboard, I have the old and the new magic one, it feels a lot like a laptop, but you get the ease of iOS not needing as much maintainance as MacOS. Most things people worry about like torrent, vlc etc can be solved. If you are a power user coding software etc it is not the best choice as a primary computer, but for 90% of us it does the job very well.

Reactions: Johann Koeber
I haven't checked the previous 93 pages, but Workhorse Group (WKHS) has been picking up steam. Bought a bunch last summer for a little more than a buck after UPS announced an order for 1000 delivery trucks. Yesterday it broke $5.00. Volatile, today the stock is taking a hit. They're also a finalist to build the next generation of delivery trucks for the USPS. We should learn the contract winner by this fall. At a minimum these vehicles will be hybrids, with the possibility of some pure EVs. Side note and probably just a coincidence. Last month at a Supercharger I mentioned WKHS to a large fleet manager here in the northeast. The stock started running the next day. If you're out there, best of luck!

Posted this last August and curious if anyone else has bought any WKHS? For the past week it's been on a run, clearing 8 bucks this morning. ServPro just signed a letter of intent to purchase 1200 of their yet to be built "Endurance" EV pickups. The company is also still in the running for those USPS trucks. Increasing their odds, that contract could potentially get divided among several alternative energy vehicle manufacturers.

Today the Governor of Ohio is touring the Lordstown plant. Pence is going there to tomorrow for the truck reveal. He's expected to speak, so should at least make some news. Hoping to see Trump put something out again about the Lordstown plant on his Twitter. Midwest jobs and all.

Last edited:
Just bought some CleanSpark (CLSK) based on the chatter in this thread (I'm doomed).

Curious though: to those who have been following this stock for a year or more, what the heck happened? It was at 22... now in the 2's. And it's been in the 50s in the deep past. And the CEO left late last year. What have I gotten myself into?

I have been watching Arcimoto (FUV) as a company that makes an interesting product - three wheeled e-motorcycle. So it can be sold as such and not as a car that would be more difficult to validate. Could be decent urban vehicle. Got much more interested when Sandy Munro was hired to help them with streamlining product and production. Since FUV seems to have solid backing, and a better future, I put in a small stake to keep interested. Seems like it is a good long term bet, and one advantage over Tesla is that being so little its SP isn't yet manipulated, tho it could be subjected to the folly of the Robinhood masses. Been doing quite well, so far. Thought I'd mention here.
The CEO isn't a genius of Elon's caliber, but seems quite capable. I could be wrong - still.. imagine if Tesla decided to help a bit (they do share the same mission after all).

I have been watching Arcimoto (FUV) as a company that makes an interesting product - three wheeled e-motorcycle. So it can be sold as such and not as a car that would be more difficult to validate. Could be decent urban vehicle. Got much more interested when Sandy Munro was hired to help them with streamlining product and production. Since FUV seems to have solid backing, and a better future, I put in a small stake to keep interested. Seems like it is a good long term bet, and one advantage over Tesla is that being so little its SP isn't yet manipulated, tho it could be subjected to the folly of the Robinhood masses. Been doing quite well, so far. Thought I'd mention here.
The CEO isn't a genius of Elon's caliber, but seems quite capable. I could be wrong - still.. imagine if Tesla decided to help a bit (they do share the same mission after all).

I picked up some FUV as a result of Sandy Munro's consulting gig with them. I figure that can only help. And voila, the stock has nearly doubled since I got in. Wouldn't it be something if FUV winds up paying for my 2020 Model S....

I think Arcimoto's vehicle platform is good for a number of use cases, but on busy roads with fast traffic, it's no substitute for a real car with its safety systems. For this reason, I'm skeptical of Arcimoto's deal with HyreCar in Los Angeles for "last mile" deliveries. The base Model 3 at $36k is far, far safer on the streets of LA than a $20k Arcimoto trike! LA traffic can move quite quickly, even if just in spurts. By the way, I'm an avid bicyclist, and the only time in my life that I've been hit by a moving car was in Los Angeles.

Also, I think that Tesla is highly likely to reach full autonomy well before Arcimoto. Which vehicle offers more value for making deliveries, a $50k Model 3 with full autonomy, or a $12k Arcimoto that has to be manually driven?

Personally, I sold my FUV position earlier this week after learning of the HyreCar deal, and used those funds to buy TSLA. That said, I hope for good success for those holding FUV and for Arcimoto!

Reactions: willow_hiller
I think Arcimoto's vehicle platform is good for a number of use cases, but on busy roads with fast traffic, it's no substitute for a real car with its safety systems. For this reason, I'm skeptical of Arcimoto's deal with HyreCar in Los Angeles for "last mile" deliveries. The base Model 3 at $36k is far, far safer on the streets of LA than a $20k Arcimoto trike! LA traffic can move quite quickly, even if just in spurts. By the way, I'm an avid bicyclist, and the only time in my life that I've been hit by a moving car was in Los Angeles.

Also, I think that Tesla is highly likely to reach full autonomy well before Arcimoto. Which vehicle offers more value for making deliveries, a $50k Model 3 with full autonomy, or a $12k Arcimoto that has to be manually driven?

Personally, I sold my FUV position earlier this week after learning of the HyreCar deal, and used those funds to buy TSLA. That said, I hope for good success for those holding FUV and for Arcimoto!

I agree about the safety factors of the FUV vehicle. I would never personally ride in one. Are you kidding?

My hope is Sandy Munro explains this all to 'em, and finds a way to put some safety doors/cages on them while finding many other ways to improve the design and drastically cut costs.

Just bought some CleanSpark (CLSK) based on the chatter in this thread (I'm doomed).

Curious though: to those who have been following this stock for a year or more, what the heck happened? It was at 22... now in the 2's. And it's been in the 50s in the deep past. And the CEO left late last year. What have I gotten myself into?

CLSK has a current market cap of $24M, and TTM EPS of -$5, even at its low price of $2.52/share. So, TTM loss is double its market cap (ie, they lost $48M over the last 12 months). I know nothing about the company, but that's why its share price is $2.50 and not $20. Losing $5/share over 12 months is awful no matter who you are.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms and tinm
Had some FSLY F&F shares, sold at 58$..that was dumb. Good technology, but man this valuation is rich at this point.

it was a recent IPO. It’s market cap wasn’t terribly high. I see it as a Netflix proxy. Ie. If you didn’t get into Netflix, ride Fastly since Fastly enables web content. But yeah, don’t sell high flying growth stocks because the price is too high. Only sell them if the underlying business fundamentals takes a strategic turn for the worst. That is definitely not Fastly.

I also bought some, too - speculation and hopes of a future break-out. Attracted by the patents in micro grid integration and software. Also, several projects and revenue sources and hints of working with Tesla.

FWIW...

NIU

I'm looking into getting a second vehicle to wait until the Cybertruck gets here. I'm considering getting a scooter and I'm looking at the NIU GTS. I called a dealer in Brooklyn and he said his phone as been off the hook for people calling about that scooter as no one wants to take public transportation anymore. Granted, the USA as a whole isn't Brooklyn, but it does seem like they should have some serious growth in the next year. NY also has a scooter day rental service they just launched and they're using those scooters. I saw a pack of them driving around Brooklyn and they looked awesome. Free advertising. It's up a bit today but off the highs. I picked up some shares to store away.

I'll give my personal review when I get it. :)

FWIW...

NIU

I'm looking into getting a second vehicle to wait until the Cybertruck gets here. I'm considering getting a scooter and I'm looking at the NIU GTS. I called a dealer in Brooklyn and he said his phone as been off the hook for people calling about that scooter as no one wants to take public transportation anymore. Granted, the USA as a whole isn't Brooklyn, but it does seem like they should have some serious growth in the next year. NY also has a scooter day rental service they just launched and they're using those scooters. I saw a pack of them driving around Brooklyn and they looked awesome. Free advertising. It's up a bit today but off the highs. I picked up some shares to store away.

I'll give my personal review when I get it. :)
Ok, I bought 200 NIU for fun, joining you on this ride . I have done really well with FUV and SOLO time and time again. I bought some AYRO today, only 1,000 shares to see what happens, already I am up 10%.

• Informative
Reactions: Todesbuckler