Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FUV is on absolute tear. Jumped more than 25% today on a huge volume. It is applying for a loan for electric vehicles - if it gets it I suspect it will rise even more.
Zach and Jessie's podcast "Now you Know", which is a great podcast for Tesla fans, every time they mention FUV, it goes up a lot. First time I learned of FUV a couple of years ago, was from "Now you Know". As I listened to the podcast, I bought 1,000 shares at $2, this was aftermarket. The very next morning it shot up to $8, a 400% gain in one day! The March 2020 market crash brought FUV way down to about $1.40, and Solo went to $0.96! Damn, I bought a few thousand of each but I should have loaded up even more.

Reactions: mars_or_bust
Zach and Jessie's podcast "Now you Know", which is a great podcast for Tesla fans, every time they mention FUV, it goes up a lot. First time I learned of FUV a couple of years ago, was from "Now you Know". As I listened to the podcast, I bought 1,000 shares at $2, this was aftermarket. The very next morning it shot up to $8, a 400% gain in one day! The March 2020 market crash brought FUV way down to about $1.40, and Solo went to $0.96! Damn, I bought a few thousand of each but I should have loaded up even more.

Yeah, I only bought 1000 (at $1.70)... Regrets...

FUV market cap is only 150 million dollars. As it actually has a production (OK, slow, at only a few cars a day, but production nevertheless), seems financially in a stable state, seems to know what it is doing, has orders for thousands of cars, and should get soon a loan for a large expansion of production, then it does seem like a company that should be worth at least a billion or two.

• Informative
Reactions: gene
Posted this last August and curious if anyone else has bought any WKHS? For the past week it's been on a run, clearing 8 bucks this morning.
The reference to Workhorse (WKHS) was posted last Wednesday. Later that same day I saw ARKQ had begun buying shares. This afternoon WKHS closed at $14.51. It's now on an 8-day win streak, doubling over the last 4 trading days. This morning the stock was added to the Russell 3000 Index.

Owning 10% of Lordstown Motors, today WKHS has a valuation of 1 billion dollars. Workhorse has produced only a few vehicles, but I believe that's still more than EV stock darling NKLA sporting a 25 billion market cap. With EV stocks currently in favor, I'm encouraged that my 2 year old WKHS investment could keep rising.

• Informative
Reactions: ZOE5IVE and CLK350
I think Arcimoto's vehicle platform is good for a number of use cases, but on busy roads with fast traffic, it's no substitute for a real car with its safety systems. For this reason, I'm skeptical of Arcimoto's deal with HyreCar in Los Angeles for "last mile" deliveries. The base Model 3 at $36k is far, far safer on the streets of LA than a $20k Arcimoto trike! LA traffic can move quite quickly, even if just in spurts. By the way, I'm an avid bicyclist, and the only time in my life that I've been hit by a moving car was in Los Angeles.

Also, I think that Tesla is highly likely to reach full autonomy well before Arcimoto. Which vehicle offers more value for making deliveries, a $50k Model 3 with full autonomy, or a $12k Arcimoto that has to be manually driven?

Personally, I sold my FUV position earlier this week after learning of the HyreCar deal, and used those funds to buy TSLA. That said, I hope for good success for those holding FUV and for Arcimoto!

FUV +25% yesterday - i hope you got back in ;D

Ok, I bought 200 NIU for fun, joining you on this ride . I have done really well with FUV and SOLO time and time again. I bought some AYRO today, only 1,000 shares to see what happens, already I am up 10%.

Welp. I took my day’s TSLA profits and picked this up. It’ll be at my house in about a week. The person ahead of me at the store also bought one. The salesperson said he’s never seen demand like this for any item he’s ever sold. He showed me a stack of paid order forms all over his desk. Every one of them a NIU scooter. I picked up the fast one with the dual batteries. Never again do I make the mistake of not getting the Performance model!!!! lol

D96340D6-0C60-407E-9F9D-09B4FC538AE9.jpeg

FUV +25% yesterday - i hope you got back in ;D
Nope, currently the only EV manufacturer in our portfolio is TSLA. Congrats to the long term holders of FUV, though!

Anybody holding ENPH? I like their solar micro-inverters, but I was turned off when they announced a share buyback. Doesn't a growth company in a critical industry have better things to do with its cash??

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Nope, currently the only EV manufacturer in our portfolio is TSLA. Congrats to the long term holders of FUV, though!

Anybody holding ENPH? I like their solar micro-inverters, but I was turned off when they announced a share buyback. Doesn't a growth company in a critical industry have better things to do with its cash??

You would think so. A stock buy back is effectively like a dividend. Either way, they aren't a growth company.

Was surprised FUV went up another 6% after hours, after that 25% daily bump (anyone can offer an explanation, to me seemed like just mini tulip exuberance - so just sold half my FUV position - HODLING TSLA doesn't give me much left to invest, uh trade. Should have kept my SQ, not sure if I'll get back in, or when - but I consider it similarly sure thing as TSLA (besides, Elon thinks Jack is OK, and does seem to do things right).

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
Sold 80% of CLSK today. Used the proceeds to buy more FUV (which I originally got into under $3). CLSK immediately jumped another 30 cents. So I sold the remaining 20%, and poured those proceeds into FUV which had dropped 10% or so in the interim. Now out of CLSK for good, whew. (Now watch it fly to $22/share--you're welcome).

Holding long on FUV for the long haul. I figure, maybe exit when it passes $20/shr whenever...

Sold 80% of CLSK today. Used the proceeds to buy more FUV (which I originally got into under $3). CLSK immediately jumped another 30 cents. So I sold the remaining 20%, and poured those proceeds into FUV which had dropped 10% or so in the interim. Now out of CLSK for good, whew. (Now watch it fly to $22/share--you're welcome).

Holding long on FUV for the long haul. I figure, maybe exit when it passes $20/shr whenever...

What is your long thesis on FUV? I admit I don’t know enough about the company but it seems like there’s at least a few guys who see potential in this company. Thanks for responding.

What is your long thesis on FUV? I admit I don’t know enough about the company but it seems like there’s at least a few guys who see potential in this company. Thanks for responding.

My long thesis for FUV is simple: they're in their early stages of the rollout of the F.U.V., and the addition of Sandy Munro as a consultant helping them with manufacturing efficiencies and no doubt analysis on parts for safety, cost, and weight reduction bodes well. So I figure, they're very early launching the product, and it's all about execution and sales for the next couple years. Whether the CEO hires well to achieve that execution is a risk, but it is with every company.

• Helpful
Reactions: vikings123
My long thesis for FUV is simple: they're in their early stages of the rollout of the F.U.V., and the addition of Sandy Munro as a consultant helping them with manufacturing efficiencies and no doubt analysis on parts for safety, cost, and weight reduction bodes well. So I figure, they're very early launching the product, and it's all about execution and sales for the next couple years. Whether the CEO hires well to achieve that execution is a risk, but it is with every company.
For me, there is a place in the world for such vehicles as SOLO, FUV, and AYRO. I think about which one would I buy? Not the SOLO, it fits only one person and has little utility. AYRO I do not know so well. The FUV looks like the best product, holds two people and has many use cases. Also, looking into the background of the CEO's family, they are an interesting lot. Mark Frohnmayer's mom and dad are/were quite connected in Oregon. Mark had three sister's who all died young due to some genetic disorder. What this family, especially the mom has endured is sad, but build character. Mark believes in what he is doing, it isn't abut the money for him. I like that, I'm buying FUV stock.

The dad was attorney general at one time in Oregon.
Video by Mark's mom, Lynn, gives you an idea about the family.

• Informative
Reactions: vikings123 and tinm
Damn, these small EV stock prices in premarket!
FUV up 18%
AYRO up 49%
SOLO up 29%
NIU up 19%

Sigh. So I looked into these stocks a bit more. I think we are seeing knock on effects from Tesla, frankly.

FUV - Arcimoto, based in Oregon. I just don't see it. There has never been a successful 3 wheel vehicle segment, let alone company. They have some nice marketing videos on their website, but they obviously haven't figured out the market either since they show multiple uses. Delivery: How much can you deliver in such a small vehicle? "Fun Utility Vehicle": They're reaching! How much fun is it going slowly down a road with no doors? You've got a guy in a suit driving one of these things - how does that work in the rain? Then they show someone getting groceries - looks like two bags will fit. Lost $15M last year on $1M in sales, ended the year with $6M in the bank.

AYRO - Has two vehicles, a 3 wheeler, and a very light duty delivery "van". They use lead acid batteries - these are effectively an outgrowth of standard golf cart technology. Might as well buy Club Car or something like that. Also undercapitalized, announced a direct offering today which is why stock price jumped 63%. Only raising $15M. $83M market cap even with the price jump. Do these guys have any Intellectual Property at all? Or even a half decent product?

SOLO - AAAAHHHH! Another three wheeled car! Funny, FUV started with no doors, AYRO had doors, optional, and SOLO now looks like a fully finished car ... yet only has three wheels. Sigh. At least these guys are using lithium ion batteries. No real revenues yet, can pre-order car, has $6M in bank. And yet sports a $324M market cap after today's 64% rise. No idea why.

NIU - Finally, a real company! Sells Vespa-like EV scooters. Tons of sales, products that people want, great price point! But ... they are a Chinese company. You'd have to do some serious due diligence investing in any Chinese public company since their audit and listing standards aren't anywhere near that of the US. But if you want to gamble that they won't succumb to cooking their books, then looks good. They sell primarily in China, a little bit in Europe. Lots of opportunity, presumably, in the US.

Someone else mentioned NIO. Another real company (sells actual EVs), another Chinese company. Again, if you can get over them being a Chinese listed company, could be good.