Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this evgo earnings report even work? Their earnings are higher than their revenue???

• Revenue of $9.1 million
• Network throughput of 10.1 gigawatt-hours
• Customer account additions of approximately 67,000 accounts
• Gross loss of $0.7 million
• Net income of $17.0 million
• Adjusted gross profit of $3.4 million
• Adjusted EBITDA of ($19.8) million
• Cash Flow from Operations of ($18.5) million
• Capital Expenditures of $44.0 million

From: https://s27.q4cdn.com/370825096/files/doc_financials/2022/q2/2022-07.27-2Q-Earnings-Release-vF.pdf

How does this evgo earnings report even work? Their earnings are higher than their revenue???

From: https://s27.q4cdn.com/370825096/files/doc_financials/2022/q2/2022-07.27-2Q-Earnings-Release-vF.pdf
Looks like nearly $49 million in warrent fair value increase.

Reactions: Cosmacelf

As a side note my neighbor who works for a large commercial electrical company. He told me EVGO signed a big contract with somebody a couple of weeks ago.

I think Mondo is right about the discrepancy.

Solid Power SLDP jumping up 10% after Q2 results

I've been looking into Magnis Energy Technology, Magnis Energy Technologies Australian company involved in graphite and batteries, specifically they are partnered with C4V and own about 50% of IM3NY, a NY based battery factory where C4V is making cells and 33% of a similar project in Australia. C4V has some interesting battery tech if their claims are to be believed. I'm still digging into the chemistry which they call BMLMP, bio-mineralized lithium mixed metal phosphate. Supposedly safer, lower environmental cost to manufacture, no cobalt, no nickle in the current version though it appears that later versions will use it. Eventually they plan to have a solid state version. C4V has ties to Stanley Whittingham at Binghamton U who is on the Magnis board. I believe I saw some reference to someone who worked at the Nevada GF as well though I can't find it at the moment.
They've sold cells to MARTAC HOME - MARTAC

Long shot penny stock but Magnis isn't totally dependent upon C4V since they also have a graphite mine. I've taken a small position and will keep watching them.
Magnis with a large jump today on the announcement of production start at the NY factory

I have the need, ok desire, to do some tax loss harvesting on some TSLA shares, but I don't exactly want to be out of TSLA. Does anyone have some good ideas on alternatives I could put the money in for the 31 days?

I had thought about BPTRX, but mutual funds aren't marginable. ARKW/ARKQ are options, and have tracked close to TSLA, at least lately, but I don't really want to use them either.

It looks like XLY is the ETF with the most TSLA, ~20%, in it; but it has performed poorly in comparison. The CTEX ETF looks interesting, but doesn't hold a lot of TSLA.

Does anyone have some good suggestions?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
I have the need, ok desire, to do some tax loss harvesting on some TSLA shares, but I don't exactly want to be out of TSLA. Does anyone have some good ideas on alternatives I could put the money n for the 31 days?

I had thought about BPTRX, but mutual funds aren't marginable. ARKW/ARKQ are options, and have tracked close to TSLA, at least lately, but I don't really want to use them either.

It looks like XLY is the ETF with the most TSLA, ~20%, in it; but it has performed poorly in comparison. The CTEX ETF looks interesting, but doesn't hold a lot of TSLA.

Does anyone have some good suggestions?
Deep ITM options on TSLA - not advice

Just for what-ifs what kind of strike/expiration would you consider? Like trading 123 TSLA for 2) $400 calls expiring Oct/21 or Jun/23?

Of course they, at least deep ITM calls, suffer from the same problem as BPTRX, that they are non-marginable.
I would do something divisible by 3 - April 23' - $600's sound nice
You would get 3 for $375 each if you are patient to trade 123 shares for them.

It's not a tech stock, but rather a Canadian mining stock. Possibly related to FIRA, Mitsubishi just bought a 15% interest in a Ni mine being developed in BC: