Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to SEDG?

Anyone looking at SEDG should be aware that Tesla intends to integrate Tesla-designed inverters into Tesla solar systems: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

While that doesn't mean there isn't room for multiple players in this market area, it does mean that in the future, if Tesla successfully integrates SolarCity, that SEDG may not benefit at all.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I think MobilEye believes more in hand coded algorhitms and Nvidia in deep learning.

Deep learning can be used in very broad areas. Autonomous cars is just one application.

Nvidias latest quaterly result was $0.40/share, and share price is 63, so if we divide 63/(0.4x4) we get P/E 40.

Last edited:
I think MobilEye believes more in hand coded algorhitms and Nvidia in deep learning.

Deep learning can be used in very broad areas. Autonomous cars is just one application.

Nvidias latest quaterly result was $0.40/share, and share price is 63, so if we divide 63/(0.4x4) we get P/E 40.

If you have not listened to the recent CC then do so. I have a nice position in this company and the deep learning journey they started on reportedly started 5 years ago and is now paying 'dividends'.

Reactions: Matias
Delphi and Mobileye are teaming up to build a self-driving system by 2019

Mobileye announced another partnership -- this time with Delphi, to bring a Level 4 Camera/Radar/Lidar autonomous driving system to market by 2019. The aim of this project is to create a self-driving system that can be easily deployed to most cars.

Earlier this year, Mobileye created a different partnership with BMW and Intel to bring a product to market by 2021.

If Mobileye can succeed in bringing a decent, easily integrated self-driving system to market, they could easily gain market share very quickly. Of course, 2019 is still a long ways off, and anything could happen. Technological hurdles, hardware costs (particularly regarding LIDAR systems), and competition from George Hotz's company Comma.ai and nVidia are all things to consider as well.

I believe Tesla's success so I closed my MBLY position.

BTW what's your take on Lithium stocks? Say PEMIF? I know it's high risk investment but since Tesla seems to buy most of the output them less risk?

To me, PEMIF sounds like they are donig all the right things. Right now I think the stock is hinging on the release of their PEA. I take the fact that they are getting access to more land as a good sign, indicating that all their tests are running well.

Their process will really be a game changer once proven to work in volume. Much better than the current evaporation ponds!

Tesla is about to increase its lead in semi-autonomous driving w/ ‘Tesla Vision’: computer vision based on NVIDIA’s parallel computing

If the nVidia-based "Tesla Vision" is successful in replacing and performing better than Mobileye solutions, it could spell trouble ahead for Mobileye. A few things to consider would be: whether Tesla would license its Autopilot tech to other car makers, price points relative to the Mobileye EyeQ series products, how much Mobileye can improve, and how well Mobileye's alliances with Intel, BMW, and others progress.

Tesla is about to increase its lead in semi-autonomous driving w/ ‘Tesla Vision’: computer vision based on NVIDIA’s parallel computing

If the nVidia-based "Tesla Vision" is successful in replacing and performing better than Mobileye solutions, it could spell trouble ahead for Mobileye. A few things to consider would be: whether Tesla would license its Autopilot tech to other car makers, price points relative to the Mobileye EyeQ series products, how much Mobileye can improve, and how well Mobileye's alliances with Intel, BMW, and others progress.

yep. I sold MBLY a bit ago when TM dropped them (or vice versa) and added to my NVDA position. While it has had a nice run up this year I still feel it has room to run.

yep. I sold MBLY a bit ago when TM dropped them (or vice versa) and added to my NVDA position. While it has had a nice run up this year I still feel it has room to run.
I had bought puts when tesla Mbly split up strike 37 (march 2017). I was surprised that Mbly held up and sold for 20% profit. Got impatient and sold since I believe their financials will not reflect this split on next report. If I held on for another two days would have had a 2 bagger. If it drops much more may buy calls since I expect there next report to be good. Long term I do not believe they will do well for reasons I mentioned back around the split

Reactions: hiroshiy and dakh
I have been in and out of NVDA calls and have done great. With TSLA calls so-so. With SPWR calls a disaster. Still waiting for the beginning of the solar electric century, or at least the share price anticipation of it.
It's an amazing lesson for me but have previously discovered how you can be so correct but waiting for market to realize it you can go so wrong

Reactions: DriverOne
NVDA has been the single best performer in my portfolio this year. Glad I'm in it, wish I was in more earlier.
Congrats on the earnings report, same fun the last two years as owning TSLA 3 years ago. Bought a bunch of calls yesterday, should be a fun ride.

Company is hitting it out of there park, BTW. Glad I didn't follow someone's advice awhile back who said MBLY was abetter stock!

OK NVDA now enters my portfolio of stocks that I have to own because if they continue to go up like crazy I'll continue to regret never buying them. I swear that is more painful to me than losing money on these types of stocks. I think I'm doing far better on these stocks than on TSLA which is my only big holding.

Edit: Finally decided to buy some MBLY puts as well.

Last edited:
I'm showing a block of 1.8mm shares being the market-opening trade for NVDA. Do any of you with such access have any ability to determine if this is a standalone trade, or whether it is a MM agglomeration of overnight orders, or something else?

Correction to prior post: it's grown to become our #2 holding...TSLA, watch out - you're next!