TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What other tech stock to consider?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Sanny, Jul 10, 2013.

1. generalenthu

generalenthu Member

All hail Saul

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. AndyH

AndyH Member

Hi, the tiny swedish company Minesto is my second biggest investement after Tesla. Minesto has created a kite that harvest energy from slow ocean currents. Weird technology that taps into a big source of reneweable energy that no one else seem to be working on. They are currently in the last testing phase before construction of their first commercial scale project.

Minesto have been taking their time in development and hopefully they will be rewarded now. Or else bankwupt.

• Like x 3
  3. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

Its not Tech but how about Weed,, took a tip from Ross Gerber and bought some CRON last week,, up 31%..

4. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29, M3P 80k

Another like that is Canopy Growth Corporation (CGC), up 40% in the last 10 weeks since I bought. Both of these are Canadan companies, listed in the US.

• Informative x 1
  5. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

Looks like you got in at a great time and constant gains ever since..

6. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29, M3P 80k

Funnily enough, when I bought CGC it was on the back of an NPR interview piece talking about their technology for breeding and cultivating the plants, and it instantly dropped. I thought I'd made a big mistake for the first couple of weeks. But I never second-guess this stuff, I always wait at least a couple of months.

7. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

As more and more states legalize it, this could turn out to be a very good long..

8. EVMeister

EVMeister Member

Maybe not considered a 'tech stock' per se, but is anybody considering buying a few shares in NIO if they trade on the NYSE as anticipated? Or is this a filthy thing to even think about. Haha.

• Like x 1
  9. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

It is something I've also thought about. In fact if TSLA went private, that was going to be one of the things I would consider. Much less interesting now that TSLA is going to remain public.

• Like x 1
  10. oneday

oneday Member

I think MAXR is a good speculative buy now. I think their is a chance their SSL division may be selected as a contractor to build SpaceX LEO satellite. If this is announced, I would expect a windfall for MAXR

11. azaz

azaz Member

Hi, Does anyone have any holding of esport stocks? Really feel like its a industry that by 2020 could be 50% bigger than it already is and was trying to figure out the best way to invest in that.

• Like x 1
  12. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

#1733 9837264723849, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Bought a bunch of EPA:NEOEN stocks (IPO on Oct 9 @ EUR 18.80). The French renewable energy company manages Tesla's powerpacks at Hornsdale Wind Farm. Do you think they might deploy some megapacks for utilities / big businesses or will utilities directly manage the batteries?

13. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

I have not been in NVDA but recalled your post today as NVDA tumbled after hours. Well played, sir.

• Like x 3
  14. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Thanks, and for all of you still in NVDA, hearken back (or learn for the first time) that I took the tumble-bath of my lifetime with GTAT - want to keep that memory fresh so as to still be able to put on all my hats (you figger it out).

One of my oldest of still-living friends from the investment world contacted me at the end of last month. A partial transcript:

He: It looks like the market has decided that NVDA is going to trade like a commodity chip stock? Seems to be getting a bit overdone?

Me: I exited our entire position last spring....makes for a helluva tax problem as our entry was $16.99. Still have all of our TSLA. What a roller coaster.

He: We still own most of our NVDA. We think the market has overdone it on the downside {at that time, stock was at $185.62} I stepped away from TSLA at around $300, on average.

Me: (what could I say? So said nothing, but that night NVDA got a shot in the arm from an analyst call. So next morning - ) Ha ha. Good on yer friends at JPMorgan!

Unfortunately for him, I rather suspect he didn't use that bounce to unload. Ouch.

• Like x 1
  15. Buckminster

Buckminster Member

Anyone getting back in on Amazon at 1600? I would like to but am 100% TSLA at the moment. Amazon is pretty much the only one I like now - maybe in a few months if TSLA is up.

16. CarlK

CarlK Member

For people who have not had a position in NVDA this might be a good opportunity to get in. Either way remember hold for long term is the only way you should "play" the stock market.

17. dmvevguy

dmvevguy Member

I got in @ AMZN @ 1600. Holding until Jan earnings. They got apple products selling now, and I think it'll surge. But I plan on dumping after earnings.

I had NVDA and cashed out before downturn b/c I knew the BTC Cash Fork was coming. I am rolling all that into TSLA now and outside of TSLA I will just some cash and buy TSLA on any dips next year.

• Like x 1
  18. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

I am also a big fan of buy and hold but credit where credit is due for @AudubonB finding a nice exit point on NVDA.

• Like x 1
  19. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

Well you should not be 100% in one stock, that is a bad position. As far as AMZN, its bound to go up in my opinion