Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I see that Qualcomm finally has found a universe in which the stars occasionally align. Up 23% yesterday and another 15% so far this morning.

We've had a small position in QCOM for just over nine years - $35 entry point. What a frustration it's been for so long.

Now that the company has resolved its multi-year dispute with Apple, Huawei is next. I know that there is one prominent member of this forum with infinitely more information about and exposure to QCOM than I....throwing this out there to learn whether that person can and is willing to share anything.

As soon as I heard the announcement I jumped in and bought.
Qualcomm has the dominant 5g technology that Apple desperately needs

In order to remain competitive with Samsung and China .
Apple had no choice once Intel decided not to pursue 5g chipsets.

One analyst is looking for $7 per share in fiscal 2021.
Conservatively $100 per share would not surprise me.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
If NIO comes back down, I may re-buy.
On second thought, no. I like that Tesla is inclined toward a high degree of vertical integration. NIO is going in the opposite direction, by outsourcing manufacturing!
Several days ago, with NIO back in the ~$5.30 range, I couldn't resist, and rebought the modest position that I had sold in early March. While I couldn't justify holding at ~$10 after a quick run-up, particularly with them outsourcing manufacturing, the current price is more attractive. It is nice to be able to participate in another pure EV play. Apple is another company that outsources a great deal of manufacturing, so perhaps NIO will be able to make this arrangement work in the long run. We'll see.

• Informative
I got lucky yet againand caught ALB near it’s bottom today (with money I took out of TSLA a few days ago). They report earnings on May 8, but I might want to jump fully back into TSLA before then. I’m not expecting super positive earnings from ALB anyway, though.

If I were smart, I’d probably just hold a position long term with them, as their valuation right now seems very attractive. I see a 30% upside on them in the medium term, in what I consider a pretty low risk stock. There is a slight risk in breaking below a technical support price at this level, but the valuation is so low already such that it would be pretty dumb for that to happen.

Lithium stocks still haven’t recovered from their crash, sadly.

Yep, I feel the same. But I'm not able to do a fundamental analysis about this, could be another SV bubble... Let's see in a week or a month.
I put in a buy for 25 bucks night before... well that was WAY off. I also sampled the breakfast sammy at A and W. It was ok, and I would get it again for environmental reasons, but the real meat tastes way better, and has less calories.

Since I drive some Uber on the side, I had a chance to get in early on the IPO. I was seriously considering taking a small stake (10 shares) and then selling right away if it popped right afterwards. I balked when I found out I would have to open a Morgan Stanley account! :mad:
See, hatred and loathing aren't always a bad thing! :D

If you're watching BYND like I am you're braver than I am if you jump in, I think future growth potential is there but it will take a long time to grow into its current valuation.

Bought a little more ALB, my current preference among lithium providers. I agree with @defcon the valuations are pretty low right now considering just about everybody is talking about getting into electric cars.

• Informative