Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Netflix required to carry the publicly funded streams there?

Basically there is the option of antenna, cable or satellite to receive public or private channels (all free, private ones financed by ads). Then there is subscription service (I only know of Sky, pretty unsuccessful since it's inception about 2 decades ago). But most of the people I know only use Netflix and don't watch anything else. Netflix isn't required to carry them, it's too easy to receive them through the other options.

That's definitely something to consider given how NVDA is crushing it with their earnings. I'm sure the stock starts to rise well before the ER due to expectation. The question is how much before the ER. 1 week? 2 weeks? I'll look back and see. Thanks!

Q1 was a blow out as the price had dropped during the quarter.
So, trying to time it may be tough

MU - Good earnings yesterday, good outlook, though it's run it has a big cushion with a forward PE of about 5 and a memory market which looks production constrained for 18-12 months. I bought a lot of calls over the last two months and hope that the outlook propels it above the 33 resistance and towards 40 in coming weeks/months. Lots of analyst upgrades today as well. All those autonomous cars need someone's chips!

MU - Good earnings yesterday, good outlook, though it's run it has a big cushion with a forward PE of about 5 and a memory market which looks production constrained for 18-12 months. I bought a lot of calls over the last two months and hope that the outlook propels it above the 33 resistance and towards 40 in coming weeks/months. Lots of analyst upgrades today as well. All those autonomous cars need someone's chips!
Good company with great growth opportunity. I was surprised by the big drop after their ER. Looks like an even better buy now.

Good company with great growth opportunity. I was surprised by the big drop after their ER. Looks like an even better buy now.
Yes, felt like market makers were able to jump on s bit of uncertainty and push price down to where they made a lot of money on options with stock settling right under 30. I'd like to think (don't know) that next week will represent a chance for them to make a lot of money on a reversal. But needless, it looks strong for at least 18 months. Hope it looks strong in the next 3 weeks though for my late July calls!

So I never paid much attention to bitcoin, but I started seeing and reading articles like these on the underlying tech, blockchain. If you believe renewables and storage are the future, then it seems we would want to keep track of what companies in the energy industry are doing with blockchain. From my research, it seems it is a universal transaction technology which any company could use if wanted to. Does anyone have any more insight?

The World’s Top Energy Companies Look to Blockchain to ‘Fuse the Physical With the Virtual’

Beyond Bitcoin: We Explain How Blockchain Could Transform the Energy Sector

A Guide to Blockchain and Energy

Would it be worth investing in the best companies using it? Not sure if this is a waste of time or not.....or will Tesla have something of its own with their all in one solar, EV, storage software.....

Drift Is a New Startup Applying Peer-to-Peer Trading to Retail Electricity Markets

LO3 Energy – Energy Services, Product Research & Development

Last edited:
So I never paid much attention to bitcoin, but I started seeing and reading articles like these on the underlying tech, blockchain. If you believe renewables and storage are the future, then it seems we would want to keep track of what companies in the energy industry are doing with blockchain. From my research, it seems it is a universal transaction technology which any company could use if wanted to. Does anyone have any more insight?

The World’s Top Energy Companies Look to Blockchain to ‘Fuse the Physical With the Virtual’

Beyond Bitcoin: We Explain How Blockchain Could Transform the Energy Sector

A Guide to Blockchain and Energy

Would it be worth investing in the best companies using it? Not sure if this is a waste of time or not.....or will Tesla have something of its own with their all in one solar, EV, storage software.....

Drift Is a New Startup Applying Peer-to-Peer Trading to Retail Electricity Markets

LO3 Energy – Energy Services, Product Research & Development

I'm interested in blockchain tech and digital currencies and have considered starting a dedicated thread here. Right now I'm just holding a small amount of Bitcoin and Ethereum while I learn more.

I'm interested in blockchain tech and digital currencies and have considered starting a dedicated thread here. Right now I'm just holding a small amount of Bitcoin and Ethereum while I learn more.
ah, nice. Let us know if you learn anything new. I'm going to do some more research on the start-ups that are applying the tech now. The tech in the energy sector seems like it's just beginning, so now would be the time to find companies to invest in. Although, maybe this isn't something we could make money off of...........we shall see.

I've followed the topic a bit. I bought bitcoin when it was at 100$, unfortunately I sold it when it was only at 200$...

The blockchain is a really interesting concept, but there are a bunch of things that really bother me a lot (my opinions only):
* the amount of energy wasted in computing is *staggering*. The technology is definitely something that we could use when solar energy is cheap or even free, right now it's a huge waste.
* nothing is regulated, and I have very few doubts that if these things go mainstream they will be.
* right now, it's only *speculation*: there is no fundamental whatsoever. People buy, people sell, people just want to make money. I had 200$ invested in ETH untile last week, bought LTC, see what comes next. It's just a gambling for nerds, atm.
* Chinese have majority of Bitcoin, the politics of the "currency" are decided by a dozen of people. This is very risky.
* Ethereum is more promising, but it's really complex to understand technicalities and the different nuances between the dozens of alt-coins out there.

All in all, I just think that right now is nothing more than a "gamble". Technology might be promising, but when people actually gain 100000% in few years you know that FOMO and speculation will be all over the place. Right now, I just don't understand anything more. Will see when things get a little bit more concrete. My advice: play with money you are willing to lose in the next 10 minutes. It could definitely happen.