Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! Since I'm just starting my research, is there any reason why you think it will go down? 4th quarter results, etc...? Why is the run-up not justified? Trying to figure out when to buy in if I do....

Well it's pre-revenue and they're not expected to start construction of their recycling facility until the summer, so I don't expect revenue until Q2 2022. Then again Nikola was a total scam and it got up to $30 billion market cap when I think ABML has a bigger TAM than Nikola, so nothing makes sense in this market anymore lol.

Well it's pre-revenue and they're not expected to start construction of their recycling facility until the summer, so I don't expect revenue until Q2 2022. Then again Nikola was a total scam and it got up to $30 billion market cap when I think ABML has a bigger TAM than Nikola, so nothing makes sense in this market anymore lol.
Yeah, I'm about to finish the second interview you post from 12.21 with the CTO and just saw the graph that shows the first commercial facility won't be ready until 2023....damn..really is a start up. haha.

And it is for this reason I got out of 80% of my position today around 3,90(got in around 90c so Thank you very much for this pick). Speculative buy but I watched every one of their videos on YouTube to get some conviction. I definitely think there is potential but can’t justify holding the gains given the recent run and the 2B valuation. It is in an IRA so easier to get back in if I have to without any tax consequences.

With a 2B market cap it does not look as expensive as some of the other SPACs and other pre revenue companies but with the market on steroids who knows what will happen.

Are people keeping some cash for the eventual market cash(it’s funny because people have been saying this for the past 6 months and the market just defies all expectations).?

Are people keeping some cash for the eventual market cash(it’s funny because people have been saying this for the past 6 months and the market just defies all expectations).?

Do not keep money in cash. A bigger concern right now is inflation and loose money by the fed. Both will keep on driving stocks higher. If you want to be more defensive, buy dividend stocks. At least with dividend stocks, if we do crash, you can hold on and still be paid $$ until the market recovers.

So, I've been rotating some of my gains into "digital REITs". COR and DLR are my favs (they've already gone up about 9% since I bought and talked about them here). These companies in particular run large massively connected Internet datacenters. They pay a half decent dividend.

Other good dividend stocks to consider: T partially because it is beaten down, and partially because of the nice dividend. VZ is also steady. GILD pays a nice dividend and they will continue to be steady. Any utility is defensive right now (DUK, SO, D). Then there are Business Development Corporations that lend money to private companies. They were beaten down in 2020 since people were freaking out about bankruptcies, but they've been climbing out of a hole and I suspect will continue to do well. They pay huge dividends (ORCC, ARCC, GBDC and FSK).

I personally have done really well with my growth stock basket as have most people who have owned growth stocks through 2020. From time to time, I'll winnow the laggards out and re-invest in something else. I won't be winnowing out the winners though. As long as I still believe in crazy growth for the winners, why would I sell?

Do not keep money in cash. A bigger concern right now is inflation and loose money by the fed. Both will keep on driving stocks higher. If you want to be more defensive, buy dividend stocks. At least with dividend stocks, if we do crash, you can hold on and still be paid $$ until the market recovers.

So, I've been rotating some of my gains into "digital REITs". COR and DLR are my favs (they've already gone up about 9% since I bought and talked about them here). These companies in particular run large massively connected Internet datacenters. They pay a half decent dividend.

Other good dividend stocks to consider: T partially because it is beaten down, and partially because of the nice dividend. VZ is also steady. GILD pays a nice dividend and they will continue to be steady. Any utility is defensive right now (DUK, SO, D). Then there are Business Development Corporations that lend money to private companies. They were beaten down in 2020 since people were freaking out about bankruptcies, but they've been climbing out of a hole and I suspect will continue to do well. They pay huge dividends (ORCC, ARCC, GBDC and FSK).

I personally have done really well with my growth stock basket as have most people who have owned growth stocks through 2020. From time to time, I'll winnow the laggards out and re-invest in something else. I won't be winnowing out the winners though. As long as I still believe in crazy growth for the winners, why would I sell?

Sure you have to dance now, the question is when will the music stop playing. There should be some perceptible jitters before an actual big crash. Where to run once the jitters are detected, I have only some faint ideas. Chinese stock index is jumping up too (20% this year), I'm using FLCH. I'm assuming if a correction or worse is happening in US, China will dive too, maybe not as much. Emerging markets (VWO/EEM) up 10% this year too. I'm assuming that reflects dollar weakness plus their actual growth. To that extent, I do have some dollars, but also I'm now getting into various ways to hold cash-like assets that are as decoupled from dollar and euro as possible. One such option is VWOB, it's an emergent market bond fund, yields ~4%.

FYI, that WSB guy who has been working on GME for a couple years? Now up to 13 million. Unless he was already rich I really respect his holding skills. Damn.
Kind of like how we all held TSLA for all these years, except that GME is a dying retail chain which doesn't realistically have a future. That guy deserves a lot of respect, he had his theory and he stuck with it even when he was down 50% at one point.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Kind of like how we all held TSLA for all these years, except that GME is a dying retail chain which doesn't realistically have a future. That guy deserves a lot of respect, he had his theory and he stuck with it even when he was down 50% at one point.
Yeah. I know there is some hope that the Chewy guy can turn it around but I don't know how Gamestop can get into digital sales when the console companies can cut them off at knees.

Reactions: willow_hiller

I don't think cash is the worst thing during a crash, but deciding when to get out and get back in can be tricky. Going to cash in February 2020 and buying back into the market in March would have been a hell of a windfall.

I certainly agree that just holding cash right now is silly. Anything with the words green, EV, cannabis, lithium, or fuel cell in it has been returning 10% a month since the election and the Robinhood crowd has been making these penny stocks gold mines IMO. I have been trading more on hype and sector than fundamentals since November and have returned 10x+ what my Vanguard Target 2050 fund did.

Of course this can't last forever but I am riding this wave as long as I can and if I get spooked again (like I did in February) I probably will put a good bit into cash for a bit or in dividend stocks like you said. AT&T, Target, Discover, and ABBV are a few of my favorites because of the high yields and potential for growth.

For anyone that cares, notice how BMIX is forming a classic "pennant" shape when viewed through the lens of technical analysis.

BMIX.jpg

Now . . . will it break out up, or down?

Yeah. I know there is some hope that the Chewy guy can turn it around but I don't know how Gamestop can get into digital sales when the console companies can cut them off at knees.
I threw in some cash at GME this morning. For me, it's not about the money. It's about sending a message. I want to watch the short sellers burn.

Last edited:
I'm impressed that they can do the recycling without high temperature, even though we are not told the exact processes. The only thing that would have me invest at such an early state comes from that interview you posted with Ryan, knowing he came from Tesla and has that kind of background. Otherwise, it's a shot in the dark since they don't have anything up and running right now...

@Xepa777 Doubled my (paper) networth in a few months rofl..

In since 12.5c #thanks to him. This is a bit parabolic, but I'm not selling.. I can totally see myself looking back and regretting if I sold just like I did with $TSLA at $150 from $37 (pre split)... The company is only like $1.8B in market cap even at $4... Can be worth much more in the future IMO

• Love
Reactions: Xepa777
Wow...I knew I should have sold all of my TSLA stock on bought this a few days ago. ;)

Seriously though, wish I did get in on this. Crazy

The recycling plant isn’t even built yet lol there’s plenty of time. That’s like saying you missed out on Tesla in 2013 at $125 pre-split.

ABML is going to be a monster of a company with all the Biden focus on securing domestic supply chain. And let’s be honest, non Tesla car makers are going to have inefficient battery assembly processes and lower vehicle life ;)

And there’s the moonshot of ABML doing lithium extraction from clay...if that happens, sky is the limit lol. That is what their grant was about with the DoE and their partnership with DuPont.

The recycling plant isn’t even built yet lol there’s plenty of time. That’s like saying you missed out on Tesla in 2013 at $125 pre-split.

ABML is going to be a monster of a company with all the Biden focus on securing domestic supply chain. And let’s be honest, non Tesla car makers are going to have inefficient battery assembly processes and lower vehicle life ;)

And there’s the moonshot of ABML doing lithium extraction from clay...if that happens, sky is the limit lol. That is what their grant was about with the DoE and their partnership with DuPont.

Think it has more room to grow than TSLA? considering I would have to sell TSLA to buy ABML.

Well, I'm probably an ABML bag holder now but it's an interesting company. Fingers crossed.
Think it has more room to grow than TSLA? considering I would have to sell TSLA to buy ABML.
I don't look at investments like that personally. TSLA is my highest conviction stock but I don't want all my money into one company. So I feel ok owning others that are likely to return less as my risk is lowered a bit.