Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here invested in Z or OPEN? Gene Munster is predicting them both to 3x in in the next 5 years.

Zillow and Opendoor Will Transform Real Estate | Loup Ventures

I popped into this forum at like 3:20 PM and clicked on this link and was immediately sold on Zillow. Honestly, not sure why I didn't invest in it sooner as it fits my investment profile quite well. Anyway, I then noticed that earnings were today and decided to just go for it. Already up 13% AH. So, thanks!

Who else's portfolio is on fire in 2021? Post what you got my friends... Looking to get inspired!

View attachment 635624

24,000 SENS with call options sold way OTM on all of them
300 CCIV shares with call options sold on 1/3 of them

Dabbled a bit in NAKD (I like owning something called "Naked") and BMIX. Those are my loss leaders for the year (jumped in too late).

Largest core holdings remain unchanged from 2019 with TSLA, NFLX, MSFT, AMD, NVDA, AAPL, PYPL, MU, and IDXX. These all have been solid earners the first 5 weeks of the year, either directly through share price appreciation, or indirectly through weekly revenue selling call options.

Work is always a bear first 3 months of the year, so I haven't had time to do much research on new entrants to the portfolio.

Thoughts on when to jump out of SENS? My "gut" was $5-6, but that is completely subjective and not based upon any logic of earnings, future growth, etc.

EDIT - I'm chomping at the bit for Starlink. I'm fully prepared to liquidate 1/3 of my portfolio for cash to get in as much as I can once Starlink is public.

I'm chomping at the bit for Starlink. I'm fully prepared to liquidate 1/3 of my portfolio for cash to get in as much as I can once Starlink is public.

It'll be interesting to see what price they go out at. It is going to be a massive IPO. With Elon's star power, every single human on the planet will know about the IPO. I suspect demand is going to be through the roof. It might be a DoorDash situation where the IPO price is sooo expensive that it just won't make sense to buy. I hope not...

Dabbled a bit in NAKD (I like owning something called "Naked") and BMIX. Those are my loss leaders for the year (jumped in too late).

Largest core holdings remain unchanged from 2019 with TSLA, NFLX, MSFT, AMD, NVDA, AAPL, PYPL, MU, and IDXX. These all have been solid earners the first 5 weeks of the year, either directly through share price appreciation, or indirectly through weekly revenue selling call options.

Work is always a bear first 3 months of the year, so I haven't had time to do much research on new entrants to the portfolio.

Thoughts on when to jump out of SENS? My "gut" was $5-6, but that is completely subjective and not based upon any logic of earnings, future growth, etc.

EDIT - I'm chomping at the bit for Starlink. I'm fully prepared to liquidate 1/3 of my portfolio for cash to get in as much as I can once Starlink is public.

SENS has 3 HUGE catalysts coming up. Remember, FDA has put Sensionics on the back burner due to Covid19, but once they pass Eversense 180, this is going to $7.50 to $10. When they pass Eversense 365, it's going to $15 to $25. When they pass Freedom System, that's total disrupter beast mode. My gut feeling is that it's going 3 digit territory easily. BTW, their competitor DEXCOM is currently trading at $400.

sens.PNG

Why not get into SpaceX now?

Who else's portfolio is on fire in 2021? Post what you got my friends... Looking to get inspired!
A cross section of many of the things we've mentioned here. Portfolio has been great so far, but the market in general has been so great (in tech anyway) you could pick symbols at random and have done pretty well.

I'm fairly heavily banked on ABML, then lesser positions in SENS, NNDM, NVDA, and BB. I've been selling a lot of nearish term puts as well as far OTM calls to capitalize on the high volatility (which I could sell far OTM calls on ABML). Even BB, which is a loser on the stock so far based on where I picked it up, isn't too far off of even after the sold puts/calls.

Starting to reconsider though. Things have gone well and I think I probably sell it all and invest in 3 or 4 high dividend stocks and be set at this point. Yea, I might not have a yacht, but I could retire relatively soon and live a happy life. Been on my mind a lot this last week. I look at ABML and think "I just need it to reach $7" :p

Reactions: D Unit
Why not get into SpaceX now?

1) It's not a "liquid" position. If a life-altering event happened, it's not always easy to sell shares in a private company.
2) Elon has said Starlink will be spun out as a public company. We have no indication that if you own SpaceX shares that you will get Starlink shares, and if so at what ratio, etc.

Reactions: mekberg

This is what has been in my portfolio for the last month or so. Probably gonna unload a few of the penny stocks that have jumped a lot unless I can justify holding them long term. There are a few of these I don't actually endorse at all just trying to make some money on momentum so as always, do your own DD.

EV/Battery/Mining Stocks

ABML
CNIKF
LLKKF
LAC
BRLL
BUSXF
LYSDY
TLOFF
CCIV (sold shares bought warrants)
NIO
ATAO
VALE

Weed/Cannabis

APHA
TLRY (about to sell)
VLNCF
HITIF
GRSO (about to sell)
CWBHF
SNDL (about to sell)

Random Penny Stocks

AITX
FORW
TSNP
VPER (just sold)
SLBG
MSNVF

BioTech

JAGX
BNGO
SENS
ARKG

Other Stocks

DKNG
NNDM
MSFT
DFS
F
TSLA (just have 1 share left)

Last edited:
Reactions: corduroy
I'll add some thoughts to this discussion:

Internet tech companies are disruptors. As you disrupt old models, new models - thanks to the natural process of understanding and learning bring about new opportunities. Personally, I'm betting on the team to figure that out quicker than their competitors. Internet tech is easy now.

I think many don't understand how this is all sustainable in the markets. To me, the market size calcs skew in favor of greater reach and distribution is far wider now than ever before. Internet tech is cheap now too, so its just about scaling & finding the option(s) that will succeed in disruption...if you pre-suppose that internet tech will win and spread the wealth to older businesses and either propel them or dissolve them over time, then everyone wins.