Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what has been in my portfolio for the last month or so. Probably gonna unload a few of the penny stocks that have jumped a lot unless I can justify holding them long term. There are a few of these I don't actually endorse at all just trying to make some money on momentum so as always, do your own DD.

EV/Battery/Mining Stocks

ABML
CNIKF
LLKKF
LAC
BRLL
BUSXF
LYSDY
TLOFF
CCIV (sold shares bought warrants)
NIO
ATAO
VALE

Weed/Cannabis

APHA
TLRY (about to sell)
VLNCF
HITIF
GRSO (about to sell)
CWBHF
SNDL (about to sell)

Random Penny Stocks

AITX
FORW
TSNP
VPER (just sold)
SLBG
MSNVF

BioTech

JAGX
BNGO
SENS
ARKG

Other Stocks

DKNG
NNDM
MSFT
DFS
F
TSLA (just have 1 share left)

The SNDL was a nice play. I unloaded all my shares today too - can't be too greedy.

How did all you guys know about ABML? I never heard about it until yesterday when I read a post here.

How did all you guys know about ABML? I never heard about it until yesterday when I read a post here.

It has been talked about in this thread since December: What other tech stock to consider?

I can't find where it was originally mentioned, but I think the ticker symbol did change at some point. (Or maybe it is going to in the future?)

Edit: Found it, @JRP3 mentioned it back on June 15th, 2020: The Resource Angle

The SNDL was a nice play. I unloaded all my shares today too - can't be too greedy.

I first learned about it here about a month ago...but by the time I did my own due diligence the stock price had already tripled. However, I still like this company so I ended up buying in around $3.

Disclaimer...don't make any decisions based on any of my posts.

Reactions: D Unit
I am not sure I am following you correctly here, can you please explain, phrase it differently?
I believe he is saying the hype over Lucid/CCIV is way overdone. If you look at r/CCIV it’s just a bunch of people gambling all their money on this deal happening. If the deal does happen I think Lucid is a legit contender in the EV space because of their proven efficiency with electric motors.

Reactions: Criscmt

I got ABML, ARKG, NNDM, SENS, and CNIKF off posts in this forum. I also got a couple of other mining stocks off the "resource angle" thread.

The rest I picked up from stock forums, following certain people who are knowledgeable about specific sectors, or some of them I just stumbled on by chance when targeting a sector to invest in.

I think unloading most of the SNDL was a good move. Taking profit never hurt anyone.

Weed stocks got battered yesterday, glad I got rid of the ones I did first thing in the A.M. I'm still up 30% on APHA overall but damn it sucks to see it drop from $27 to $19 in less than 48 hours. Still seems like a decent value given the merger with TLRY and the .8381 shares I'll get when it happens (assuming TLRY doesn't tank too much more).

Last edited:
Reactions: corduroy
Morgan Staley wrecked my position with a swath of EV related target changes. I sell a lot of strangles, so big changes hurt regardless of direction. I wish I had some way to know when they'd announce things and close out ahead of time. I suppose it's part of the "house wins in the long run" with selling options, but today really hurt (particularly QS which had been flat as a lake for weeks).

Yay for SENS and CNIKF offsetting some of it.

I was surprised by the Fisker upgrade from MS, but maybe that's just Tesla bias and the negative history I've seen with Fisker so far. I feel like they'd really need to prove something first before I'd want to invest in them as a possible EV player.

Last edited:
OK, here's a 5 day old IPO that's still trading around the market open price. ON24 (ONTF). Prospectus:

S-1/A

They are a SaaS company that enable companies to host live and recorded webinars. Sales and lead generation focused. Kinda of a cross between salesforce and zoom. B to B. Great growth, etc. (just flip through beginning of prospectus). Should report a great upcoming quarter.
Looked interesting so I broke my rule about never buying anything shortly after the IPO as most seem to drop. It's only the people actually in on the IPO that make money on those things. And, of course, it's dropped pretty markedly. Damn it, I have that rule for a reason! :p

Hopefully the option market will open on it soon and I can sell covered calls and slowly recoup the losses.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Trying to find good funds/ETFs for spouse's IRA. I suggested $TSLA of course, but she thinks we have enough (too much?) exposure to TSLA. :rolleyes:

At least she agrees with me that investing in index funds is not the best solution. So she would like to invest in growth ETFs and mutual funds. I've already sold her on the ARK ETFs. I also convinced her to add the two Baron funds that hold SpaceX (plus a lot of TSLA!). What other mutual funds and/or ETFs should I be having her look into?

Looked interesting so I broke my rule about never buying anything shortly after the IPO as most seem to drop. It's only the people actually in on the IPO that make money on those things. And, of course, it's dropped pretty markedly. Damn it, I have that rule for a reason! :p

Hopefully the option market will open on it soon and I can sell covered calls and slowly recoup the losses.

Sorry about that. I’ve been having the opposite results with many of my post IPO purchases. But geez, give the stock more than a few days! We are obviously different types of investors. When I buy a stock, I forget about it for 6 months at least!

Sorry about that. I’ve been having the opposite results with many of my post IPO purchases. But geez, give the stock more than a few days! We are obviously different types of investors. When I buy a stock, I forget about it for 6 months at least!
Heh, stocks are like the shiny new toy, I watch them a lot when I first enter a position :). Eventually, the newness wears off and they're relegated to the toy bin to be ignored for a while.

Though I tend to sell covered calls on my positions, so I suppose I don't completely ignore them. The more volatile the stock, thus the higher the IV, the more I'll do that. Once a stock is steady, it will mentally go into my "core holdings" and I'll stop looking at it.

More on topic: Rivian. Anecdotal, but a guy at work, who I don't think has ever mentioned EVs to me other than a rare Tesla question, was saying how much he loves the Rivian truck's appearance. He's eager for it to be available for purchase. I haven't followed Rivian more than an occasional glance at a headline, now I'm curious.