Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: FlatSix911 and JRP3
Soooo.....Netflix? If he after hours price stands, PE ratio should be about 24 in the morning. They're about to come out with a lower priced ad supported tier, which is an obvious path to growth and a potential rebound.
I don’t have an opinion here, but we were talking about canceling them last night. We’ve seen everything we want to watch and now both my wife and I are scrambling to force things to watch. We may end up rotating services 2 months at a time - Netflix, HBO, Disney, etc.

I’m not sure if the glory days are behind them but the amount of competition in the space is certainly increasing.

Imagine being a NFLX HODLer for the last 5 to 10 years, and all of a sudden your portfolio gets a 27% haircut in a day.

My first gut feeling was: "what if this hapened to TSLA?" but then my common sense walked in and explained why this is less likely to happen:

- TSLA manufactures good, which will always have some value;
- demand for Tesla vehicles is off the charts, even at current (high) prices and with current (high and increasing) margins;
- TSLA's current valuation ignores possible future cash cows (Tesla Network (=robotaxi), Tesla Energy, Optimus/AI, Insurance) whilst with NFLX what you see is what you get;
- NFLX has competent competition, TSLA not so much.

I do catch myself thinking like @TheTalkingMule : is this a buying opportunity for NFLX? But I don't have the answer.

I’m not sure if the glory days are behind them but the amount of competition in the space is certainly increasing.

I've seen a lot of folks online drawing comparisons from Netflix to Tesla, claiming the competition angle. I don't know if it's competition, so much as licensing.

I was reminiscing the other day about when Netflix still shipped DVDs through the mail. They actually had a greater diversity of content, because as long as they owned a copy of a DVD, they had a legal right to lend it to you. Nowadays digital streaming is being strangled by strict digital rights and licensing deals.

I don’t have an opinion here, but we were talking about canceling them last night. We’ve seen everything we want to watch and now both my wife and I are scrambling to force things to watch. We may end up rotating services 2 months at a time - Netflix, HBO, Disney, etc.

We still prefer Netflix to all the other services that we have; Disney +, Hulu, and Prime. Even with little kids we use Disney + very seldom. I was telling my wife Netflix is going down because The Office is not longer there 😅 . We share our Netflix login with 4 family members... yikes.

• Funny
Reactions: UltradoomY
Boxabl is doing a public Series A round and I’m going to invest. I think this has potential to grow two or three orders of magnitude.

Potentially a dumb question, why isn't TWTR trading closer to $54.20? It's presently about $50.50, or over a 7% discount to Elon's buyout offer.

Is there still that much potential for the deal to fall through?
Prior to Elon's stake being public , is was $39.50 or so a 22% loss from current SP. So odds of 75% buyout happening make it breakeven on a chance*move basis. Perceived success odds are even higher if the stock would drop further on rejection.

Potentially a dumb question, why isn't TWTR trading closer to $54.20? It's presently about $50.50, or over a 7% discount to Elon's buyout offer.

If you think the buyout will definitely happen then you should probably get the stock. But nothing is guaranteed so people are still hedging their bets somewhat IMO.

Boxabl is doing a public Series A round and I’m going to invest. I think this has potential to grow two or three orders of magnitude.

My basic Boxabl investment thesis is that this business is quite similar to Tesla.

$10 trillion total addressable market (on par with energy + transportation)​
Technologically stagnant, ecologically disastrous industry that has barely changed production techniques in the last century​
Re-evaluating everything from basic physical laws; no mind paid to tradition or conventional wisdom; engineers run the show​
Focus most of attention on manufacturing (they’re attempting to make building modules like cars and labor is roughly already down to industry-leading 1 hour per square foot even without mature production line)​
No advertising, marketing done with viral social media posts and word of mouth from customers and fans; cult following already established and growing; over 100k orders for product not yet seen (similar to Model 3 orders in 2016)​
No typical corporate BS and they actually have fun and have a sense of humor​
Selling $50-$100k products at 30-40% gross margin with clear path to selling millions of units once production scales​
Important, inspiring mission (affordable housing, ecological sustainability, natural disaster resilience) and actions aligned with words​
American 🇺🇸 company with immigrant engineer as founder/CEO​
Grandiose ambition; starting small and thinking big; Casita analogous to 2008 Roadster​
Elon thinks the product is “cool” and allegedly lives in one or at least there seems to be one in Starbase​

Cause honestly, I think the mkt still thinks there might be a possibility that the deal falls apart.. I'm' not sure what go / no go guarantee the offer conferred. Sometime later this week, TWTR earnings are probably going to be s..t and they MIGHt not even give a forecast, so frankly he might bail or adjust the offer. I think for a 5% delta to offer price, that's the minimum risk premium for the deal.

Reactions: UltradoomY