Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah....better than I thought after 30% increase over IPO price yesterday. I admit, I may book some quick profit if it hits $40 today.

I'm surprised too. Saw a lot of positive editorials about GoPro last night. I think it will hold the $35-$40 price range for a while.

One interesting note about this IPO that is different from others I have followed (*I think*) is that many insiders were allowed to sell in the IPO. My gut is telling me this will come back around as a benefit during the lockup expiration (180 days from the date of the S1 prospectus) as investors won't be as panicked because those insiders who wanted to sell already did.

EDIT:
Looks like I'm the only one holding strong. Boy you guys are weak longs... out after less than 24 hours. LOL

I'm surprised too. Saw a lot of positive editorials about GoPro last night. I think it will hold the $35-$40 price range for a while.

One interesting note about this IPO that is different from others I have followed (*I think*) is that many insiders were allowed to sell in the IPO. My gut is telling me this will come back around as a benefit during the lockup expiration (180 days from the date of the S1 prospectus) as investors won't be as panicked because those insiders who wanted to sell already did.

EDIT:
Looks like I'm the only one holding strong. Boy you guys are weak longs... out after less than 24 hours. LOL

HaHaHa- yeah I did disappoint myself cashing out but It just went up too fast for me and I had bought it on Margin (didn't want to sell any of my TSLA). My wife and I love the GoPro and I hope this one settles down so I can get us both in. Any idea when options will be available for GPRO. Eventually I want to buy a leap.

EDIT:
I plead guilty to weak long when it comes to the frothy IPOs. I had target today to sell half at $40 not expecting it to do so. I will watch it closely today. I suspect it will close about $37. Then set next week's stop loss at $31 and sell some if hits $47. I have NO rational explanation for my $47 number. No metrics, no research beyond using the company's products. If it dips in the future back to the original $28 I may buy back in.

I plead guilty to weak long when it comes to the frothy IPOs. I had target today to sell half at $40 not expecting it to do so. I will watch it closely today. I suspect it will close about $37. Then set next week's stop loss at $31 and sell some if hits $47. I have NO rational explanation for my $47 number. No metrics, no research beyond using the company's products. If it dips in the future back to the original $28 I may buy back in.

I would buy back in today at $37 but I have to wait for my trade to settle. If it goes to $35 next week I will buy back in.

PENNY STOCK ALERT - MY friend who has a long career in the medical/bio industry turned me on to TITXF - It is Titan Medical out of Canada and trades under TMD there I believe. They are designing surgery robotics which is undeniably an up-and-coming field in the industry imo. I was shown this about a month ago when the stock was at ~ $1.60. It appeared that the technicals on the chart showed that it was about to break upwards of that channel and today it has broken its ATH of 2.52 at triple average volume so far. There was recently a bullish Seeking Alpha article too. Not too much news and research out there to be had but here is a basic summary or place to start: Titan Medical Inc. (TITXF) Stock Message Board - InvestorsHub

Last edited:
PENNY STOCK ALERT - MY friend who has a long career in the medical/bio industry turned me on to TITXF - It is Titan Medical out of Canada and trades under TMD there I believe. They are designing surgery robotics which is undeniably and up-and-coming field in medicare. I was shown this about a month ago when the stock was at ~ $1.60. It appeared that the technicals on the chart showed that it was about to break upwards of that channel and today it has broken its ATH of 2.52 at triple average volume so far. There was recently a bullish Seeking Alpha article too. Not too much news and research out there to be had but here is a basic summary or place to start: Titan Medical Inc. (TITXF) Stock Message Board - InvestorsHub
"Undeniably up and coming in Medicare????? Medicare pays the lowest price for a surgery possible. Robotic surgery so far over utilized over paid and coming under increased scrutiny. I believe a benefit for prostate surgery but few others. Be careful.

"Undeniably up and coming in Medicare????? Medicare pays the lowest price for a surgery possible. Robotic surgery so far over utilized over paid and coming under increased scrutiny. I believe a benefit for prostate surgery but few others. Be careful.

lol I dont know why I wrote medicare. Meant medical field in general.

The stock was up over 10% during the day but there was a nasty sell off in the last 15 minutes and then it was just 5% up for the day and below ATH. 6x average volume though I wish it had held up better.

GPRO: Up another 13% today and 3+% AH. Sold much of my position on Friday when it hit $40. Holding the rest for a bit more. Personal price target is still $47. IPOs...leagilized gambling.

GPRO: Up another 13% today and 3+% AH. Sold much of my position on Friday when it hit $40. Holding the rest for a bit more. Personal price target is still $47. IPOs...leagilized gambling.

Yep, I hope this is the start of a base being built between $35-$40.

I'm the main cheerleader here going on about GoPro, so here is some of my thoughts.

I am targeting $10B market cap. I expect to see this by the 3rd earnings report that includes Media Revenues. I'm assuming they won't monetize the media channel until Q3'14, so my target is June of '15 for GPRO @ $80/share.

I think the Media Revenues will be a big surprise. Let's be crazy and say GoPro figures out how to get 25¢ per view. This can be combined revenue for all media types (video sponsorship, cost / impression, cost / click, mobile view vs. desktop view, skate board vs. mountain bike, etc. ) The media space will be very segmented and very targeted, auction based, highest bidder wins. So, 25¢ @ 500,000,000 views = $20Million in revenue. That's 1/5 of their 2013 Revenues with a substantially lower cost of goods. I'm not saying they will get 25¢ per view or 500Million views a year. Just throwing this out there.

There is a possibility, and as some of you here like to put it, buying GPro is like buying a Call Option for a large Media company that has yet to even bring in their first dollar but will eventually be worth Billions.

EDIT:

I would buy back in today at $37 but I have to wait for my trade to settle. If it goes to $35 next week I will buy back in.

I was not smart enough to see $50 within a week of the IPO, hope both of you did. I moved my $47 PT to $50 this AM. May be getting greedy, which normally results in a loss! Hope you guys got back in in the 30s as you intended.

I was not smart enough to see $50 within a week of the IPO, hope both of you did. I moved my $47 PT to $50 this AM. May be getting greedy, which normally results in a loss! Hope you guys got back in in the 30s as you intended.

I'm still holding the shares I bought at $31. My broker emailed me telling my to sell now. I'm not sure... still deciding.

EDIT:

I'm still holding the shares I bought at $31. My broker emailed me telling my to sell now. I'm not sure... still deciding.

A 60% profit in less than a week 'ain't too bad'. But don't take my advice. I sold half my shares at $40!!

EDIT:

Lockup isn't 90 days? I saw both 90 and 180 mentioned. For future reference what section of the S1 is the real number at? I was looking on page 141.

Last edited:
I never had a chance to get back in like I wanted. By the the time I got some buying power back it just took off again. Kinda unbelievable. I wish I took your advice and sold half at $40 and half at $47. I sold all at $40. I'm hoping for a pull back so I could get back in.