Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What page of account should the VIN appear in (source code)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if I'm missing a page in my Tesla account as I'm sure I've seen people mention that you need to look for the VIN in the 'Manage' page.

I don't seem to have a manage page, Just these two pages:
...en_GB/teslaaccount
&
...en_GB/teslaaccount/settings

The first page (screenshot attached) has my referral code (obvs code blocked out), but no Manage link at all.
I can see VIN (with no actual VIN number) in the source.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 07.23.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 07.23.30.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 230
Just wondering if I'm missing a page in my Tesla account as I'm sure I've seen people mention that you need to look for the VIN in the 'Manage' page.

...en_GB/teslaaccount
&

The first page (screenshot attached) has my referral code (obvs code blocked out), but no Manage link at all.

Have you paid the first payment? If so I think you do have something missing, you should be able to see your credit note and some other paperwork as well.

We haven't made any payment yet - however we are leasing through Leaseplan, so not sure if that make a difference.
Ah. It (the car) may never appear in your tesla account in that case. Each lease company does it a bit differently, but they rarely give full control of the car to you on tesla.com, too easy for you to lock them out of it or give ownership to someone else y'see.

Take a look through the sticky lease thread, see what other leaseplan buyers have access to Model 3 Leasing

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
How reliable is the VIN number you find in the source code? Has anyone ended up getting a car with a different VIN than what they found in the source code?

I ask because I need the VIN to add the car to my insurance policy and get the proof of insurance I need to upload, and I can see a VIN in the source code now, but not sure if I should use that to line up insurance or if I should wait until the VIN is officially listed on the site. My delivery date has already been set for 8 days from now.

...en_GB/teslaaccount
&

Mine is identical to yours and I'm going via my company lease agent. Zenith in my case.