Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What percent do you plan to keep?

What percentage of shares do you plan to keep private?

• 0-10%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40%

• 40-50%

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 70-80%

• 80-90%

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 90-99.99%

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I have a sell order for $1K per share and I’m not going to change that

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused as to why the poll doesn't go higher than 100%...I suspect that I will add to my TSLA position prior to the go-private txn. I want to own more of Tesla as a private company than I do as a public company. The liberation to do what is right for the long-term value of the business will be amazing, imo. I am only 47 so have a long investment horizon (hopefully) to see how Elon plays this out once private.

I would probably keep 100%. All of my Tesla stock is in my retirement funds and I've got another six years before I have to tap them.
Hey David - I hold a good size as well and it's in my 401k which I will not touch for at lease another 10 plus years. Since I am not in a mad rush to cash out on profit. What benefit will leaving the shares in a private company. How much will a share be worth? That is the debate I am going thru. What's your thoughts. Logic tells me to sell 1/2.

I'm confused as to why the poll doesn't go higher than 100%...I suspect that I will add to my TSLA position prior to the go-private txn. I want to own more of Tesla as a private company than I do as a public company. The liberation to do what is right for the long-term value of the business will be amazing, imo. I am only 47 so have a long investment horizon (hopefully) to see how Elon plays this out once private.

Good point. That would translate to the 1000 stock price option ;)

Why not 100% AND sell for 1K? Should be able to sell during short squeeze and buy back near 420. Unless of course the market prices in the future private valuation above 420 and it never goes back down.

I bought some more "play" shares today after they turned trading back on (1/6 of my total shares). I will use those shares to sell if/when the shorts get squeezed and the SP goes to a ridiculous number, so I can enjoy the profits at their expense. The rest of my shares will be held to go to private Tesla. So expect 1/6 sold and 5/6 held.

I don't trust the liquidity events in the private placement and I live off my investments. I'm also not at all happy with the possibility of ridiculous fees and flaky/scummy custodians just to hold private equity in an IRA. So, unless I get new information, I am probably going to sell my entire retirement account holdings (to avoid fees and hassle) and a little under half of my personal after-tax holdings (for long-term liquidity).

If there's a reasonable way to keep my IRA holdings, then I'll keep them, but I'm not expecting it.