Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What pleases you and annoys you most about your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a fortnight: chargers that don't operate at the advertised power - or don't operate at all. That goes for Tesla, but also all the other brands that I have been trying out.

Tesla gets a lot of grief for poor customer experience, but these guys have less excuse as they are all selling established products and services.

S

After a fortnight: chargers that don't operate at the advertised power - or don't operate at all. That goes for Tesla, but also all the other brands that I have been trying out.

Tesla gets a lot of grief for poor customer experience, but these guys have less excuse as they are all selling established products and services.

S
I wonder what the benefit is of keeping on top of charger reliability is. Pod-point have one about 5 miles to me, one side of it hasn't worked for weeks. It's free for the public to use so I don't exactly know what incentive they have to fix it?

Is this mainly due to SoC on arrival? I think a lot of used to ICE will struggle with the concept of the ‘pump’ slowing down as the tank fills up.
As time goes by this is going to be something that public have to be educated about, as the traditional model of filling up to the brim when you go to a petrol station doesn't work with public chargers, and on rapid chargers in particular it's pretty anti-social.

I don't (currently) blame people for doing it because there's no education about it. That said having to sit around for 40 mins while someone gets the last 5% in their car is annoying.

No - so called SuperChargers eg Edinburgh; Keele South at 40-something kW; a ChargeScotland 22kW running at 15; a Ecotricity at KeelSouth not connecting at all to my car. Rant rant rant!

(At Keele I had to queue as there were 2 Model 3s there before me - that's why I tried the Ecotricity!!!)

S

In regard to the Charge Scotland 22kW connection was that CCS? Most of theirs offer 50kW on CCS and the 22kW is on type 2. You won't get 22kW on a type 2 with a Model 3 because it can't charge via Type 2 at that rate due the onboard charger capacity.

Reactions: GSP
The turning circle is a particular gripe of mine.

Also - I don't seem to be getting close to the advertised 329ml range. Yes, yes. I know this is not the real range - but I'd expect the car to show that as the range on a full charge?

I charged mine up to 90% last night and only got 248ml.

Also - phantom drain. I've done half a day at work today and lost 4% since I got here...

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Also - I don't seem to be getting close to the advertised 329ml range. Yes, yes. I know this is not the real range - but I'd expect the car to show that as the range on a full charge?

If in settings you select ‘rated’ instead of ‘typical’ you have the ‘really unachievable’ range showing instead of just the ‘highly unlikely to achieve’ range. ;)

I personally have the percentage showing and assume 3 miles per one percent. The percentage v miles on display is a whole different argument o_O

Best - the acceleration, brings a smile to my face every time. I love traffic lights now ;-)
Minor gripes - the FSD is not there yet (I know..), it seems much more 'jerky' than the adaptive cruise control I had on Leaf (braking for no obvious reason). I know it's trying to do more, but passengers have likened it to being driven by a learner..
Also auto-windscreen wipers are not as reactive as they should be. Seem to need my view to be totally obscured before they come on.
Bluetooth connection seems a bit flaky, I have need to reconnect to phone a few times now.

Final one is my fault - I kerbed one of the alloy rims :-( Nikola no longer looks perfect (in my eyes).

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
The cruise control follow distance in traffic is not close enough for me.
I have people behind getting annoyed I am not closer to the car in front on more than one occasion in London.

I'd like a way to reorder my favourites in the radio menu.There may be a way to do this, but I cannot easy figure out how.

Acceleration is by far my favourite feature. Its incredible.