Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What pleases you and annoys you most about your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Internet is LTE (4G) reduces to 3G when needed.

My annoyance at the moment is it can't get either where I park my car (very rural), so I can't map a destination before I drive off.
That will be fixed by extending my wifi.

However yesterday I found myself driving literally off the map; the country lane I was on appeared to be a dead end on the rolling map, but I carried on and soon I was driving where there were no roads, so it seems the map cache is very local and soon after you loose signal you drive off the map. I was in Hampshire and about 6 miles from home so not really out in the wild wastelands. Would be great to have a cache for defined areas like google maps has on mobile phones. This would probably greatly reduce the data flow as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Keeper
Good suggestion but so far the cars signal has roughly matched the phone.
The WiFi seems less good in the car than my phone.

I’ll get a power line to WiFi extension for home and enjoy the rare opportunity of getting lost until the cars get their star link upgrade.

Reactions: davidmc
Ordered 10 May before the fog lights got taken off the spec. Going to open a repair ticket.

Thanks for the destination from phone tip - spot on.

The WiFi transceiver is in the left wing mirror. I turned my car around and got signal still on 2019.15.105 though.

The WiFi transceiver is in the left wing mirror. I turned my car around and got signal still on 2019.15.105 though.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? My understanding is that it is in the right-hand wing mirror. i.e. drivers side.

With all the on screen real estate available, I vote for the following:

1. Ability to adjust font and icon size. particularly the top row of icons.
They are too small and impractical for an old fart like me to touch while driving.
Particularly hitting the on screen Garage Door Close + Open Icon: Its easier to quickly hit the old WIFI garage controller.

We need some on screen gadgets to chose from, like Windows users used to have.

2. On screen analog clock with various face options: design something that stands out, that I can see, without having to look for it.
3. On screen month and date calendar:
4. On screen calculator:

2019-09-09_13-53-54.png

Don't be so cheap!

5. I want to be able to open and close my car on the passenger side pillar also.

All that being said - I wouldn't have any other car. I do seriously love that piece of kit.
Good to hear!
Had it for nearly two weeks so far.
Love everything about it apart from two things:
1.I would like to be able to fire up the wipers manually from the control levers behind the steering wheel
(Hope Elon reads this feedback)
I am amazed you can't actually do that. I wonder if that could be a software update? I seriously doubt Elon has anyone reviewing this forum and reporting back to him! Does anyone know how to get feedback to Tesla though? Apple and Google both have very accessible feedback system. Do Tesla have anything similar?

It's not perfect though. I can see myself abandoning the AutoPiliot once the novelty wears off. It just isn't good enough yet.
Also, one department where another manufacturer is way ahead of Tesla is Toyota with their birds-eye-view parking system. Nowhere near as good in the Tesla.
Are you talking about Autopilot or FSD? If Autopilot that is disappointing to hear. I had high hopes for that.
I too was very impressed with the birds-eye-view parking system on a hire car I had recently. Shame Tesla couldn't impliment something similar with the cameras on the M3. I suppose the angle of view isn't appropriate for that?

Not sure... all I know is when I park with the left mirror nearer the house it gets signalz Right mirror towards the house, no signal. I could be wrong/ whatever works for you!

You're right. Just parked nose in, left mirror facing WiFi AP and two signal strength bars lit up. Park in my usual reverse in way and no bars, just the 'dot' lit up.

"Are you talking about Autopilot or FSD? If Autopilot that is disappointing to hear. I had high hopes for that."

Both. Three main problems:
1) It can't take corners properly, which is quite frightening.
2) It brakes violently and often for no reason (certainly not a good reason). I'm worried I'll get rear-ended one day.
3) It constantly hassles about applying torque to the steering wheel. This is a really daft system. If you turn the wheel too much then it exits AutoSteer/FSD, but if you're too gentle, it doesn't register. Also, on straight roads, there is no reason to wiggle the steering wheel every few minutes, and it is quite unnatural to do so. I keep my hands on the wheel all the time (where else to put them?) but I still get constant hassle.

Reactions: Roy W.
3) It constantly hassles about applying torque to the steering wheel. This is a really daft system. If you turn the wheel too much then it exits AutoSteer/FSD, but if you're too gentle, it doesn't register. Also, on straight roads, there is no reason to wiggle the steering wheel every few minutes, and it is quite unnatural to do so. I keep my hands on the wheel all the time (where else to put them?) but I still get constant hassle.

Blame people using autopilot irresponsibly. If the NTSB/NHTSA get their way, it could get worse.

Feds Say Tesla Autopilot Is Partly to Blame for a 2018 Crash

Haha I'm used to that from my current car but soon got the hang of moving it just enough to register.

Perhaps this is a new skill I will learn. It's all a bit pointless though. I think the mistake I might be making is looking at the screen and reacting to the hassle messages. Maybe better just to keep jiggling the wheel all the time like someone with a hand tremor. Or I could just not switch the system on in the first place, which is what I'm increasingly doing.

Having had the car 2 weeks, I've now developed a neck ache. The head-rests, being non-adjustable, are in the wrong place for me. I've experimented with various driving positions, but can't seem to sort it out. Anyone with the same experience and, better yet, a solution?

No - so called SuperChargers eg Edinburgh; Keele South at 40-something kW; a ChargeScotland 22kW running at 15; a Ecotricity at KeelSouth not connecting at all to my car. Rant rant rant!

(At Keele I had to queue as there were 2 Model 3s there before me - that's why I tried the Ecotricity!!!)

S

I know that when two cars that are in adjacent supercharger parking slots are both charging it happens more slowly (presumably some internal limit in the wiring to the superchargers) - hence the charger "etiquette" of trying to leave an open spot between your car and the next. I suppose that this phenomenon could explain the lowered numbers at a busy supercharger location.

I know that when two cars that are in adjacent supercharger parking slots are both charging it happens more slowly (presumably some internal limit in the wiring to the superchargers) - hence the charger "etiquette" of trying to leave an open spot between your car and the next. I suppose that this phenomenon could explain the lowered numbers at a busy supercharger location.
More specifically you should avoid using the other/free stall in each numbered pair if one of them is in use. e.g. If 2a is in use, avoid 2b, but 1b (which is also next to 2a) is ok.

In V2 superchargers, each numbered pair shares a battery cabinet.

Reactions: SteveBaker