Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What product do you use for the deepest wettest looking gloss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, I don’t want a ceramic or semi permanent solution. I might PPF more of the car later and I don’t want to apply that on top of ceramic or pay to have it wet sanded.

I’m looking for something after the car has been washed and clean and will provide weeks or month(s) of the deepest most beautiful gloss. Honestly I feel like the CPO Tesla vehicles have more gloss than my car (or over exposed pictures or something).

Anyone have recommendations on fairly simple to apply and fairly easy to remove (via deep cleaning soap based wash, etc) deep gloss enhancing products?

I have a deep blue metallic if there are specific products for light colored cars vs dark colored...

You want synthetic sealant. It will protect your paint and provide gloss. I would recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Wash and clay bar first before your first application. Reapply every 6 months.

Reactions: Noodles
Reading comprehension isn’t your forte, is it? :)

Ceramic can’t easily be removed and it’s usually recommended to NOT apply ceramic under PPF. Since I may PPF more of the car later on any ceramic coating is off the table...

To be fair, you asked what people use and said you don’t want ceramic. You didn’t say “don’t post if you are going to say ceramic”.

I believe that the way light reflects off a relatively soft surface is key, it's actually not mirror hard/smooth, and it creates the thickest wet look. It's why real carnauba waxes are still the preferred show car finish. If you want it to be simple to remove, wax is good too.

But that's contrary to your desire to have it last months. You can have a chemical type look that lasts, or a nicer paste wax look that requires more frequent application.

A brand new car's paint/clearcoat has a unique reflectivity that degrades over time as it oxidizes and picks up fine scratches. It's impossible to go back to newborn skin without "dermabrasion" ;-) The plastic surfaces that are the rage have a very specific shine as well, that's different from a deep wet look. Each of these looks different, and I think you have to figure out the compromises you will live with.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension isn’t your forte, is it? :)

Ceramic can’t easily be removed and it’s usually recommended to NOT apply ceramic under PPF. Since I may PPF more of the car later on any ceramic coating is off the table...

Being kind isn't your forte, is it?

Put Ceramic coat on top of PPF. That's what I did. No more waxing or anything.

What was the title of this thread?

Last edited:
No maintenance, as in hose it off, or what? We have tree sap and sandy dust. Makes a nasty coating soup that sticks to anything, teflon, glass, etc.

Yes...hose it off. that's it. It really doesn't get dirty. Everyone at my job asks me if I wash my car every day. Answer = no. I go though a touchless car wash one a week or once every 2 weeks.

I don't have tree sap to contend with though.

40k miles in a year....so yes....I drive it a lot.

Reactions: XLR82XS
What product do you use for the deepest wettest looking gloss?

Water:D:D:D
IMG_0851.jpeg

First off, I don’t want a ceramic or semi permanent solution....
I did a ceramic coat. It is really the ONLY way to get this look and have it last. Here is a pic of my last car that was after almost 2 years.

IMG_4443.jpeg

First off, I don’t want a ceramic or semi permanent solution. I might PPF more of the car later and I don’t want to apply that on top of ceramic or pay to have it wet sanded.

I’m looking for something after the car has been washed and clean and will provide weeks or month(s) of the deepest most beautiful gloss. Honestly I feel like the CPO Tesla vehicles have more gloss than my car (or over exposed pictures or something).

Anyone have recommendations on fairly simple to apply and fairly easy to remove (via deep cleaning soap based wash, etc) deep gloss enhancing products?

I have a deep blue metallic if there are specific products for light colored cars vs dark colored...

Any proper PPF install will require paint correction....especially if it’s never been corrected. That typically involves polishes and foam pads which is all that’s needed to remove ceramic coats as well... not wet sanding. Unless your paint is in horrible condition and has deep scratches all over, if someone is saying he needs to wet sand your car without even trying polishes...RUN in the opposite direction.

I’ve never seen a cpo tesla in person....but I’m assuming they probably get some sort of paint correction. What I’m trying to get at is that if you want a really deep gloss, paint correction is needed. All these products will/can add to it but if you have contaminants, micro swirls etc...the light reflects off all these imperfections at different angles and you don’t get the look you’re after.

If you want something to last....it won’t be easy to remove. My recommendation is if you’re going to do PPF....get it done now before the paint gets further worn, swirls, etched, chipped, etc. Then ceramic coat over the ppf. That being said. If you want something to throw on without doing paint correction, will add some gloss and is easily removed...carnuba waxes is your best bet. Collinite 845 is traditionally known for its longer lasting protection and gloss.

p&s beadmaker is cheap, provides insane gloss and slickness and isnt too durable so easy to come off. i think it fits your bill. my car is coated and i use this stuff every week to boost up the gloss

if you plan on getting ppf, just do it now or your have nicks and chips thats are NOT correctable, you'll see them forever under your ppf. if you dont plan on ppf soon then just do ceramic. yourself (pretty easy) or pay for it

I use Polish Angel Viking Coat and it is a sealant. Looks shiny and wet. I use Viking Coat Spritz top it off every month or two depending on the elements.

Recent pics of the 3 and X with Viking Coat. Gonna try Cosmic Coat next time.

Attachments

• 0EDA6E82-5103-432A-A6EA-46BA0811587E.jpeg
    0EDA6E82-5103-432A-A6EA-46BA0811587E.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 7D562C66-23BD-4C4C-BDEA-8BAD7B075A8B.jpeg
    7D562C66-23BD-4C4C-BDEA-8BAD7B075A8B.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 112
  • A3C4CF7F-67B1-4855-9CA1-7169F80EB076.jpeg
    A3C4CF7F-67B1-4855-9CA1-7169F80EB076.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 08E740D1-DBBC-44F2-8F10-6CB328B6609D.jpeg
    08E740D1-DBBC-44F2-8F10-6CB328B6609D.jpeg