Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What production should I expect with 12.24Kw, 29 Panels 12.24Kw Solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems low.

Are the strings split facing different directions.

I get close to 7kw peak on my 7.6kw system in the northeast.

How much do you produce on a good day?

I get 46kwh on a good day on a much smaller system further north.

Note that panels get less efficient if they get hot. Still pretty cool here.

I have been satisfied with my Tesla solar install for the past three months. I noted that my app shows about 8Kw in full direct sun. What would an acceptable level?
Thanks
Chuck

Try going to a website like PVwatts.com and calculating it. There is no way for anyone to tell you what numbers you "should be hitting", because it depends on your specific install.

I have been satisfied with my Tesla solar install for the past three months. I noted that my app shows about 8Kw in full direct sun. What would an acceptable level?
Thanks
Chuck
That seems low.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Today my energy production was 63.8kWh the temp was about 92 degrees and sunny I am in Fort Worth TX.
Thanks,
Chuck

That seems low.

My 8.7kW system peaks at 6.3kW. In addition to the heat you mentioned, panel direction, angle, shading, etc will impact this number.

I am averaging about 50kWh right now, and the highest number I have ever hit for a single day is 55kW like 2 years ago. I still generate 12,500 ish kWh a year, on a 7 year old system.

What @CAP23 should be generating depends on a bunch of factors. OP, what does it say when you model it?

My 8.7kW system peaks at 6.3kW. In addition to the heat you mentioned, panel direction, angle, shading, etc will impact this number.

I am averaging about 50kWh right now, and the highest number I have ever hit for a single day is 55kW like 2 years ago. I still generate 12,500 ish kWh a year, on a 7 year old system.

What @CAP23 should be generating depends on a bunch of factors. OP, what does it say when you model it?
Thank you for the response. No shade, South side facing - thanks Chuck

Right now, my 9.45kW system is peaking at 6.8kW. I'm hoping that come summer with sun directly overhead, (have 6 panels, (350w each) facing North), I will get 7.5kW.

Thank you all. The great advice and hints provided led me to figure out that the system was running well. In response to those who asked my system is: 29 panels, 12.24Kw, Estimated energy per year 18,792kWh. Hanwha 340 premium black panels, on 20% roof facing South with no shade. InverterPower 3.8kW/7.6kW sithclaimed 97.5 efficiency. (3) Power walls , usable capacity 13.5kWh ea for total 40.5kWh, Peak Power 7kW each total 21kW. Continuous Power 15kW. Clearly I should have provided this type of information earlier. I can see I will reach my annual estimate. Thank you all. Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all. The great advice and hints provided led me to figure out that the system was running well. In response to those who asked my system is: 29 panels, 12.24Kw, Estimated energy per year 18,792kWh. Hanwha 340 premium black panels, on 20% roof facing South with no shade. InverterPower 3.8kW/7.6kW sithclaimed 97.5 efficiency. Power wall 3, usable capacity 13.5kWh ea for total 40.5kWh, Peak Power 7kW each total 21kW. Continuous Power 15kW. Clearly I should have provided this type of information earlier. I can see I will reach my annual estimate. Thank you all. Chuck
One thing to remember is heat can reduce solar generation. So with the heatwave in parts of Texas (over 100 in the Austin area) the generation is going to be lower than on a cooler day with the same solar conditions. Also, peak solar generation for many is around the solstice, June 21.

Thank you all. The great advice and hints provided led me to figure out that the system was running well. In response to those who asked my system is: 29 panels, 12.24Kw, Estimated energy per year 18,792kWh. Hanwha 340 premium black panels, on 20% roof facing South with no shade. InverterPower 3.8kW/7.6kW sithclaimed 97.5 efficiency. (3) Power walls , usable capacity 13.5kWh ea for total 40.5kWh, Peak Power 7kW each total 21kW. Continuous Power 15kW. Clearly I should have provided this type of information earlier. I can see I will reach my annual estimate. Thank you all. Chuck
Are you sure they are 340Watt panels? 29x 340=9860. Perhaps 420W? While heat may be an issue, yes, I think it should be higher with a total 11.4kW inverter pack.