Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What profile to use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to drop off my model y to get clear bra and ceramic coating. The entire process will take four days.
Originally I planned on leaving it in valet mode but they need to open the frunk to apply the clear bra.
Any ideas how to restrict access similar to valet mode and still allow frunk access?
I have read the manual and searched the forums on what to do when dropping off your vehicle with no success!

If you don’t trust this shop, take it elsewhere or do the job yourself, just remove whatever items out of your car. A reputable shop won’t mess with your car, especially those that work on way more expensive cars then a model Y.

Fred
This reply is 100% accurate.

If you're a little scared, you can casually bring up a "funny" conversation about the time you caught your son/spouse/friend driving over 100MPH with the app... and they'll know you check such things without having to "warn" them.

Reactions: dhrivnak
So I made a “Guest” profile that’s attached to the key card I use for this type of service.

I did that immediately before I let anyone try driving my car. Since a MY is such a new car on the roads, I let my coworkers, friends, family drive it anytime they want (with me in it of course). The first thing I do is hit "Guest" and teach them how to adjust the mirrors, wheel, etc. Then nothing gets mucked up for my profile.

I even went as far as creating an "Entertainment" profile where the seats are a bit more reclined and all the way back for a more comfortable viewing arrangement. :)

Any ideas how to restrict access similar to valet mode and still allow frunk access?

If you put it in Valet mode and tell them to text you when they need to get the frunk open you can do it from your phone.

Bit of a pain for them if you are unavailable or they need to open it more than once.

The Guest profile and Speed limiting mentioned about are both great alternatives.

I did that immediately before I let anyone try driving my car. Since a MY is such a new car on the roads, I let my coworkers, friends, family drive it anytime they want (with me in it of course). The first thing I do is hit "Guest" and teach them how to adjust the mirrors, wheel, etc. Then nothing gets mucked up for my profile.

I even went as far as creating an "Entertainment" profile where the seats are a bit more reclined and all the way back for a more comfortable viewing arrangement. :)
Thanks SEndicott i will try the Entertainment idea