Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Safety Features are available with HW/AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering what would happen under the following scenarios for the Model S without TACC engaged:

Car in front of me is stopped, but I step on the gas. Will there be an alarm that sounds and then will the MS hit the brakes to avoid the collison?

Car in an adjacent lane changes lanes into the MS. Would evasive action be taken automatically?

I start to lane change but there is a car in my blindspot...Is there anything that will alert me?

The answer is no on all of those scenarios.

The only that that I believe is in place at the moment and forward collision warning...which would be an audible alarm if you are about to rear end somebody, but the car will not take any action on its own to avoid that collision.

@HX_Guy might be right, but I'm not sure if AEB is enabled or not for AP2 cars. My best guess (per car) would be too see if the "Disable" setting is present in the UI for AEB. If that setting is absent, then AEB probably isn't available on that car yet.