Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What service fleets do you think will take on the Cybertruck?

What service fleets do you think will take on the Cybertruck?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What service fleets do you reckon will take to the Cybertruck once it comes out?

Police around the world have already made pre-orders (according to social media) - but who else might be interested?

Super interesting piece here depicting the truck as a few different service vehicles > Tesla Cybertruck reporting for public service duty - LeaseFetcher

Some of the vehicles are more likely than others but wouldn't mind having my pizza delivered by CT ;)

Attachments

• Cybertruck render mix us.png
    Cybertruck render mix us.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
The cybertruck isn't that expensive in its base model, but Tesla is not going to be able to produce enough cars for fleet vehicles in the near future. Obviously the police and the cartels will do a trial, but I don't see any of your other examples being relevant.

In the case of the pizza truck/taxi, there is no need for such a large vehicle. Those are not fleet vehicles and tend to be in the 5-20k price range. Telsa can be less expensive than your F-150 and BMW, but it will never beat your beater car in cheapness.

The CT isn't a mail van and isn't an ambulance. It might work for the coast guard / military in a few situations.

So expect to see the CT where people drive the super trucks and in construction industry. Plus it will make a few inroads into the Suburban/Tahoe family car.

I don't think I'm following you with the comment about cartels. Your profile says location is US so I can only assume you mean drug cartels from south of the border? They want a weird looking attention grabbing vehicle that has to make extended stops at specified locations?

The F-150 type trucks that they drive now "south of the border" are very conspicuous and out of budget for most natives. Its a good point about the range, but I'm sure they will find a use for it. Maybe they will order the 500 mi range and drive it only in certain areas.

The alleged armored features are going to make it irresistible, and they will try it out without a doubt, just like the police.

So maybe they won't use it for drug running, but they can well use it in their wars. The steel frame can support a machine gun turret.

Last edited: