Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Shall We Call The New S Design?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one of the maintainers of the Options By Year WiKi here on TMC, it has occurred to me that we need to name the recent April refresh so that we all know what we are referring to when discussing the newly designed S. I would be willing to start a POLL here on TMC so we all can have our say as to the name....

Lets reply with possible POLL choices and then after a week or two I can start a POLL.

For example:

GEN 2 S
REFRESHED S
NEW NOSE S
2016 REFRESH
BIO-HAZARD S (kinda kidding' on this one gang)

Your thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome....

You folks are Tooo Funny! Rhinoplasty.... NoseJob.... Side hurts from laughing....

Keep Em Coming....

Thoughts.... The Dual Engine is known as ... "THE D" or "Dual Motor" and rightly it is Gen 2 or V1.1

Autonomous Driving Features aka Autopilot S is Gen 3 or V1.2 but most call it "With Autopilot Features".... or AutoPilot

The new nose, painted side rockers, redesigned frunk and surround, new diffuser and Bio-Hazard Filtration.... would probably be Gen 4 or V1.3 as Caligula said but then again, the V1.x is frankly not "sticky" and requires my mind to do a table lookup.... ok... he said he has a V1.2 Model S.... ->> table lookup ->> that means.... ->> Autopilot equipped Model S... see what I mean? But it has merits and as a retired IT guy it plays...

I may be wrong on these major versions of the S.... room for discussion....

Last edited:
Reactions: Caligula