Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Should Elon Include in His Top Secret Master Plan II

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get on my knees and beg your forever forgiveness. What do you suggest that I do? It was never my intent to double start a topic. I realize that is frowned upon.
I believed that it might have something to do with the M3. Since people don't think so.....please destroy the thread if needed.
Don't beg, it's demeaning. ;) (Kidding). And I'm not asking for the thread to be "destroyed". I requested that a moderate merge it with the existing thread. Simple solution.

I hopefully it will be an update to clarify point four. And perhaps some more info about self driving cars.

Here is the original secret master plan from 2006:

The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me)
  1. Build sports car
  2. Use that money to build an affordable car
  3. Use that money to build an even more affordable car
  4. While doing above, also provide zero emission electric power generation options

They've already strayed from the STMMPv1.

The Model X ended up becoming step 2.5.

So where they go from here is anyone's guess.

Model Y, anyone? Maybe the "$25,000 Tesla"? Or is the Model Y going to be $25K?

HHHMMMMM....

• Informative
Reactions: imherkimer
They've already strayed from the STMMPv1.

The Model X ended up becoming step 2.5.

So where they go from here is anyone's guess.

Model Y, anyone? Maybe the "$25,000 Tesla"? Or is the Model Y going to be $25K?

HHHMMMMM....
The Model X is still based on the Model S platform though. The model Y will be based on the Model 3 platform. So I'd say those are already included.

Simple

#1 Become the best at manufacturing
#2 Sell millions of Model 3s
#3 Use that money to develop and sell even more affordable model
#4 Enable easy access to net zero (solar) car charging to equal full sustainability
#5 Develop and sell pickup truck

On the 1st master plan, Elon had 4 key things that he outlined in order to reach the goal of the Master Plan, which was to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport (i.e. Model 3):

Build Sports Car
Use money to fund cheaper car
Use money to fund even cheaper car
Provide zero emission power generation options while doing the above

I think his second master plan will be along the same idea - outline the primary goal of Tesla in the next 10 years and describe the 3 to 4 steps needed to reach it. Here's what I think it may be:

The Goal - to accelerate the advent of a 0 emission and fully renewable energy generation and consumption economy.

Step 1: Build Gigafactories all over the world that will manufacture enough batteries to support a fully energy sustainable world
Step 2: Flood the market with compelling, affordable electric transportation systems (cars, planes, hyperloop, etc.) that are exponentially better than its ICE alternatives to solve the consumption problem
Step 3: Flood the market with affordable, compelling energy systems for homes and businesses that will allow them to be 100% energy independent to solve the generation problem

The Goal - to accelerate the advent of a 0 emission and fully renewable energy generation and consumption economy.

Step 1: Build Gigafactories all over the world that will manufacture enough batteries to support a fully energy sustainable world
Step 2: Flood the market with compelling, affordable electric transportation systems (cars, planes, hyperloop, etc.) that are exponentially better than its ICE alternatives to solve the consumption problem
Step 3: Flood the market with affordable, compelling energy systems for homes and businesses that will allow them to be 100% energy independent to solve the generation problem

Releasing the Master Plan 2.0 now is clearly designed to tell skeptical investors (like me) why he wants Tesla to buy Solar City. As farzyness states above, I expect the new master plan to be about producing batteries, solar panels, integrated energy systems, and cars in such quantity and at compelling prices to replace nonrenewable sources of energy.

Reactions: TacC
Don’t tell anyone that we are living in a simulated reality controlled by Aliens

But if we do really live in a simulated reality, would they who control that reality actually be Aliens? I assume the simulator will be running at their planet! ;)

... on a second thought - this may give some meaning to "in his (their) own image". They may not even look alien to us anyway ;)

As interesting as that idea may be, the constitution requires that only natural born US citizens may be POTUS. Mr. Musk is not.

I think that rule has been weakened significantly in the last 10 years. First the "birthers" brought it to the forefront which had the unintended consequence of causing Americans to air out why we still had that rule. Then Arnold's governor term did the same thing. Then, Ted Cruz got to run even though he was for sure born in Canada and no one really seemed to care. I honestly think that if (god forbid) Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination there would have been some acclimation that that was fine and some constitutional tinkering would have followed. I think there is broad bi-partisan support for allowing naturalized citizens to run. The original idea was to prevent british loyalists from sneaking in, iirc. (also McCain was a super marginal case. Born in Panama, outside the US. But a territory (at the time) so stronger than Cruz who was definitely born in Canada).

Musk 2024!

In response to a post by Jigar Shaw, Elon responded "something like that", with regards to Master Plan II.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bullish-case-tesla-solar-city-merger-jigar-shah

In reading the post, it talks about bundling and financing Solar + Battery + 2 cars for $100k and how it potentially could pay for itself. The missing element is financing, which is also the difficulty with Tesla, SCTY and more widespread adoption of Solar and Electric Transportation and discussing relatively undercapitalized SCTY and TSLA. Any chance of a asset financing pool by 3rd parties that would remove the leasing/deferred financing as an obstacle from both Tesla and Science City. Would be helpful for cash flow, capital expenditures and cash burn.