Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I do with my scratched model y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just noticed today that my model y has a pretty big scratch and lower front bumper panel came off a little. I’m not sure how it happened. I wasn’t in any accident. From the sentry footage I don’t see anyone scratching my car(although I dunno if it captured everything). Question now where should I fix this mess? Should I go to tesla service or some third party? I’m located in NYC. I’m so sad it’s not even a year yet. Sucks! Appreciate y’all help. Thanks!
FE623A53-2AB7-4406-9390-52A58C2FF333.jpeg

Attachments

• D396660D-661F-4290-9E2D-6E783600D404.jpeg
    D396660D-661F-4290-9E2D-6E783600D404.jpeg
    868.4 KB · Views: 159
Hi, I just noticed today that my model y has a pretty big scratch and lower front bumper panel came off a little. I’m not sure how it happened. I wasn’t in any accident. From the sentry footage I don’t see anyone scratching my car(although I dunno if it captured everything). Question now where should I fix this mess? Should I go to tesla service or some third party? I’m located in NYC. I’m so sad it’s not even a year yet. Sucks! Appreciate y’all help. Thanks!
View attachment 880860
Tesla doesn't really do these type of body work and even if they accept it, they will likely farm it out to another body shop. I would just look for a few local body shop and get quotes. Alternatively, if you have the tools, you might be able to buff it out.

Upvote 0
I’m the only driver. Definitely didn’t hit anything. I’m guessing someone scratched it while parallel parking, sigh.

Any body shop you guys recommend for NYC area. I’m open to Long Island as well. Thanks.
I’m in Long Island City and I used Twins Collision when my front bumper was damaged while parked. They did a fantastic job and were great to deal with. I’ve also heard Gotham City Collision is another excellent option in my area but I cannot personally vouch for them.

Upvote 0
Maybe consider having front and back bumper ppf? Esp for living in the city. I do some driving in/around Chicago, so there are plenty of parallel parking/tight squeeze situation. Esp with the new teslas coming without the ultrasonic sensors.

I am admittedly overprotective of my cars, so I have it on all 4 doors (door dings) and fenders, too. Pricey? You bet! But its the best protection

Upvote 0