Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I paint my wheels? Or sell them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a black car with a set of cyclones. I just changed them out for some slipstreams but I do think the cyclones look a little bit more premium.

My cyclones have major curb rash on wheel
From someone else driving them. Terrible curb rash. I’ll attach a picture. And another wheel has the paint chipping off in decent sized chunks. The other two wheels are in good shape.

I was thinking of painting the wheels. What do you guys think would look good on a black car? I was thinking grey/bronze/metallic. I don’t want the car to look weird or boy racer. Just something a little unique.

I was planning on sanding them down, bondo to fix curb rash and then painting them myself with a hvlp paint gun. Or should I cut my losses and just sell the wheels? Don’t think they’re worth much though!

19CC8D89-BDDA-4599-83CA-5357B9845E3F.jpeg 07F8ED32-BF61-489D-9791-6E12F240E373.jpeg

I have a black car with a set of cyclones. I just changed them out for some slipstreams but I do think the cyclones look a little bit more premium.

From someone else driving them. Terrible curb rash. I’ll attach a picture. And another wheel has the paint chipping off in decent sized chunks. The other two wheels are in good shape.

I was thinking of painting the wheels. What do you guys think would look good on a black car? I was thinking grey/bronze/metallic. I don’t want the car to look weird or boy racer. Just something a little unique.

I was planning on sanding them down, bondo to fix curb rash and then painting them myself with a hvlp paint gun. Or should I cut my losses and just sell the wheels? Don’t think they’re worth much though!

View attachment 537761 View attachment 537770
Dang
Why do u hate your wheels so much?
They never did anything bad to you...

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne

View attachment 537761 View attachment 537770

depending on how much effort you want to put in, you can take them off, sand them, fill the cracks, and repaint. Or use plastidip, which level out and cover some of the rash.

alternatively, check your local craigslist to see if someone is selling a similar set.

I dipped my winters and I was not impressed with the quality. They got so stained with brake dust and dirt within a week! Ive dipped a few sets of wheels, I just find that from daily use dip isn't very durable.
+1
I plastidipped HRE P40's and it looked pretty good for about 3 months but the it started to peel in some areas. Because of all the different contours, I wasn't able to remove it easily and in the end, had to send them back to HRE for a professional sand blast and refinish....