Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should Tesla be known for

Select your top three "underappreciated selling points" of Tesla cars

• "Going Green"

• Low Maintenance / Longevity

• Torque / Acceleration / Sportiness

• Automated driving (Including cruise, autopilot, auto summon, FSD, and future autonomy)

• Luxury and comfort

• Value for the money

• Range (as compared with other EV's)

• Other (Post comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharging network.

Even in this Tesla-heavy area (Seattle), a majority of non-owners don't know it exists. Those that do almost never are aware of the extent of coverage or ease of use. Explaining it is a great sales tool.

It sure has changed the way I take EV road trips over the past decade!

I meant the latter. I have been taking Tesla road trips since April 2010 (Seattle to San Diego; at that time, the nearest L2 station was 800 miles away so I used campgrounds). We didn't get to use a Supercharger until Jan 2013, and even then it was for only half of the trip.

I did have a 2003 RAV-4 EV before the Tesla, but I didn't take road trips in it. Well, I guess I took it to my Mom's, which was too far round-trip, so I would plug it in to her dryer outlet while visiting. I don't think of that as a road trip but I guess some might. Back then we used our Prius (converted to PHEV) for road trips.

Last edited:
I’ve been using Teslafi to schedule preconditioning for years. My previous EVs also have had scheduled preconditioning. I don’t think I’ve gotten into a hot or cold car at home or from work since 2013.