Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should Tesla be known for

Select your top three "underappreciated selling points" of Tesla cars

• "Going Green"

• Low Maintenance / Longevity

• Torque / Acceleration / Sportiness

• Automated driving (Including cruise, autopilot, auto summon, FSD, and future autonomy)

• Luxury and comfort

• Value for the money

• Range (as compared with other EV's)

• Other (Post comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

AquaMan

Aug 16, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Tesla's cars are very good at lots of things, but sometimes it seems the "best known" attributes of these cars aren't necessarily the same as what owners appreciate about them.

RedSafari

Mar 28, 2018
Toronto
Better crash safety due to all-electric design was important to me. That and Autopilot’s safety features make for an important advantage over other cars.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
Supercharging network.

Even in this Tesla-heavy area (Seattle), a majority of non-owners don't know it exists. Those that do almost never are aware of the extent of coverage or ease of use. Explaining it is a great sales tool.

It sure has changed the way I take EV road trips over the past decade!

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
I meant the latter. I have been taking Tesla road trips since April 2010 (Seattle to San Diego; at that time, the nearest L2 station was 800 miles away so I used campgrounds). We didn't get to use a Supercharger until Jan 2013, and even then it was for only half of the trip.

I did have a 2003 RAV-4 EV before the Tesla, but I didn't take road trips in it. Well, I guess I took it to my Mom's, which was too far round-trip, so I would plug it in to her dryer outlet while visiting. I don't think of that as a road trip but I guess some might. Back then we used our Prius (converted to PHEV) for road trips.

Last edited:

Tummy

Dec 25, 2016
Atlanta
I’ve been using Teslafi to schedule preconditioning for years. My previous EVs also have had scheduled preconditioning. I don’t think I’ve gotten into a hot or cold car at home or from work since 2013.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC