Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should you never say to a Tesla car owner? Rick Kay Rick Kay, B.A. 3D Animation and Visual Effe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What should you never say to a Tesla car owner?

Rick Kay
, B.A. 3D Animation and Visual Effects & 3D Tool Development, Academy of Art University (2010)
Answered 12h ago

You should never say:

My mustang lost the race only because my horsepower isn’t actually useful until I hit 4500 rpm’s, if I was doing Indy I would win. I don’t care that you would beat me on any fun track that actually takes more skill to drive.

You are weird for never having to go to a gas station and wake up every day to a full charge at a significantly lower price.

You must be crazy to use those massively recyclable batteries that will likely not degrade past 90% of their capacity for 10+ years.

You are nuts for never having to visit your friendly oil change shop EVER. And your brakes never get used either so you must also have a low IQ

You aren’t green just because your car is vastly more efficient than any engine-using car without a battery with zero local emissions. Even though your charging emits less carbon far away, you aren’t greener.

Even though your car is quicker than the vast majority of “muscle” cars, it sounds like an RC car and has no “soul”. (I would respond that your so-called “soul” sounds more like big mouth. I’d rather my daily computer car have far better silent performance and a brain.)

What if I want to go on a picnic 311 miles away once a decade and have to wait 20 minutes to charge while I eat along the way even if it takes me 30 minutes to eat?

Tesla has only been around for 15 years and even though they are eating every other car companies sales, they are going out of business any day now since their stock is only valued at a paltry 340 dollars. Where will that industry leading warranty be when they close up shop?

Why should you get a government subsidy for buying an EV just because my gasoline has been heavily subsidized for decades to Trillion dollar levels?! That’s not fair!

software updates that wildly enhance performance and features are for pansies. I’d rather get my hands oily installing parts I don’t really understand beyond what the magazine says it will do.

You are limited by batteries and even though they will get better, I can fill my chemically performance limited car tank in minutes.

Efficiency is pointless, Oil will be around for ever.

But it’s fun to rebuild my engine every time I race at high RPM’s!

Data schmayta

Facts schmacts

You should say:

Can I test drive yours?

Then they will literally not care about the previous list of “concerns” as they put down their deposit.