Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Signage for Tesla charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody. My town has installed 2 Tesla charging stations on the side of a street in town.

Obviously, the signage at these two spots should indicate they are for charging only, not parking of ICE vehicles or even EV's when they are not being charged.

So my question is - what's the best wording for the signs? What have other areas used? I'll take the best answers to the Mayor of my little town for consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

For signage I like this:

sign-ev-parking.png

But you might also consider painting the pavement:

image.aspx

Hello everybody. My town has installed 2 Tesla charging stations on the side of a street in town.

Obviously, the signage at these two spots should indicate they are for charging only, not parking of ICE vehicles or even EV's when they are not being charged.

So my question is - what's the best wording for the signs? What have other areas used? I'll take the best answers to the Mayor of my little town for consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
We have lots of EV-charging spots all over the city here.

I agree a time limit for charging should be posted, along with indication that the spaces are for EV/Tesla -only while charging. I also notice that EV-only parking spaces which are not painted green with conspicuous EV-only markings on the pavement tend to be more often ICE'd than those that are painted.

some local examples of time-limit signage I found off plugshare...

we have a couple EV-only charging locations on city streets here, instead of parking meters there are ChargePoint charging stations. (so, free parking and you get a free charge!)
those spaces have max 3hr while charging limit:
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.36.02 PM.jpg

whereas other chargers in parking lots around town often have 2~4hr limits while charging, e.g.:
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.37.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.38.13 PM.jpg