Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What software version on MY when delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious to find out which software version came on your Model Y and how long did it take to get it updated to the current version. My Model 3 had 2020.24 whereas my new Model Y is at 2020.11. I’m missing a lot of the new features that I was used to on my M3. I know that I will get them back but not sure when.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Perfect timing on this thread. We got our MY on Friday and has version 2020.20.12. Seeing as we are new to the Tesla family I am unfamiliar with when we get software updates. The car has LTE signal and is connected to our wifi. I too thought we would have the latest software when we picked up our cars.

If y'all are like the rest of us, it takes about a week to get new cars through their initial diagnostics by the Mother Ship and then begin to fold you into the fleet. You'll see regular updates begin to flow after that. March delivery and believe we've had 5-6 already . . . If you have Mobile Service scheduled to address issues, they will sometimes roll an update to you before or during, such as having HomeLink installed.

Advanced delivery helps, but you're not going to get things super early like the folks in the test and eval groups you see and hear about. The "regular" updates are still buggy enough and we've been fine with them in spite of that as they are great about fixes and rolling new ones shortly thereafter in our experience.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Picked up 6/24. Upgraded that evening to 2020.24.6.1.

Note that you should be on wi-fi to get the upgrade, which I was.
Of course it's been on WiFi since it first got home. With COVID-19 restrictions, it hasn't been out that much, so 95% of the time it's been on WiFi.

Mothership's database, per service, says my back-level software is the "most up to date for your car." Worse, according to the text from Tesla, the system has my car marked as "up to date" in spite of it not being so.

So it's definitely not WiFi that's lacking in my case. I just hope the HomeLink install will require the update to 24.6.1.

Grr.

:(

I’m still at 2020.11. It’s a bummer because I know what I’m missing since I had 2020.24 on my M3. Oh well, it will get there soon. And mine’s connected to Wi-Fi both at home and at work. Just crickets so far.
I got an email confirming HomeLink tomorrow, and it mentioned a software update may precede the visit. But it also warns not to install any update until the mobile tech arrives.

I was curious to find out which software version came on your Model Y and how long did it take to get it updated to the current version. My Model 3 had 2020.24 whereas my new Model Y is at 2020.11. I’m missing a lot of the new features that I was used to on my M3. I know that I will get them back but not sure when.
I took delivery on Sunday, and I've had three updates since. Before the first one or two, my A/C wasn't even working correctly. I'm on the latest one now.