Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What software version on MY when delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And another with 20.11.103.5 delivered 6/25.

I got mine 6/27 at Rocklin also with 20.11.103.5. Does anyone know how Tesla numbers it releases? It said before this number it was 10.2 which is newish? But when I look on the web, all the youtubers are talking about 2020.24.6.1. How does this translate to 10.x where I'm wondering what "x" might be. Perhaps there is a post somewhere that would Ted Talk me through understanding the Tesla release numbering scheme. I do speak software development.

Not sure of the original version. 2 days or maybe 3 days after I got the car, I had a s/w version update available. That pushed me to 2020.24.6.1
Tonight I was informed another update is ready for me. 2020.24.6.4 (estimated 25 minutes)
You had 2020.20.x on delivery, which enabled you to get 2020.24.6.1 (and bugfix .4).
On the version that I and others here have, we will have to first go to either 2020.12.x or 2020.20.x before we can get .24.6.4.

I too am waiting for some software update from 2020.11.103.5 which is 10.2 release. But I did notice from an earlier post, that they has a tow hitch as do I. I wonder how many other
stuck in purgatory
there are that have the same 2020.11.103.5. Perhaps that is the last release from some Model X that had the two hitch (or some model that had the tow hitch lights and the towing software. Maybe they have to work on 2020.24.6.1 to include this feature in that release. It is just a guess.....

You need 2020.12 to work with exFAT which is what modern computers can format. I am in the same boat.

I too have the same 2020.11.203.5 and I use a very tiny 256gb thumb drive that is formatted as a fat32 drive (samsung I believe) and that is the way the drive came. If you right click on the drive in File Explorer (assumes Windows) and choose properties the File System: should show FAT32. This should be true for all older thumb drives but you can do this test (assuming you have Windows) to see what your File System is. Then rename the volume to TeslaCam and make a directory called TeslaCam and it should work for dashcam and sentry mode with our good old 2020.11.203.5 until we become the chosen.

Picked up my MY on 7/3 with version 2020.11.103.5
Build date was 6/27. LR/AWD no Tow hitch.
Is there anyone that was upgraded from 2020.11.103.5 to any other version yet?

Thank you for responding. So with your post my idea that keeping us on 2020.11.103.5 to support our tow hitch was false so I'm at a loss at to why we were delivered with this release and so many others have been delivered with a more advanced release. Yours was LR and mine is the performance with upgrade so that isn't it. I hate to ask because it seems so dumb - does yours have the white interior? (just kidding really but I live in a remote area which has really bad cell phone connections but I have a good internet connection and good wi-fi at the house and I keep the car connected all the time. Too bad ALL new deliveries don't include a TEST download just to let us know that Tesla is there and that our upgrade software works. It is like waiting for the delivery message for months and not hearing anything.

Picked up my MY on 7/3 with version 2020.11.103.5
Build date was 6/27. LR/AWD no Tow hitch.
Is there anyone that was upgraded from 2020.11.103.5 to any other version yet?
Using a program called TeslaFi, all cars are polled on current version and upon any update.

There are seven MYs in the database at this release level.

The good news: we are not alone. The bad news: dearth of any data showing vehicles being updated from this version.

Thank you for responding. So with your post my idea that keeping us on 2020.11.103.5 to support our tow hitch was false so I'm at a loss at to why we were delivered with this release and so many others have been delivered with a more advanced release. Yours was LR and mine is the performance with upgrade so that isn't it. I hate to ask because it seems so dumb - does yours have the white interior? (just kidding really but I live in a remote area which has really bad cell phone connections but I have a good internet connection and good wi-fi at the house and I keep the car connected all the time. Too bad ALL new deliveries don't include a TEST download just to let us know that Tesla is there and that our upgrade software works. It is like waiting for the delivery message for months and not hearing anything.
Nope, AWD, black interior, tow hitch, VIN 180xx.