Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Software Versions on New Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MrG_NY

May 20, 2019
NY
Just picked up my new Model Y and was quite surprised that it did not have the updated software an UI. Got used to the new interface with my Model 3 I just returned. The Y has 2022.40.4 built last week. The Model 3 did an update for version 11 last night. have had the new interface and Apple Music since Thanksgiving In the Model 3.

Well I picked up a model Y on 3/31. As of 2/2, I am on 2023.2.300. The car says it is up to date. I do not have the vision park assist fir example. Why is it not receiving the 2023.6.9 version which I suppose is the latest? I suppose then the theory of you having to wait a week or two for updates on a new Tesla holds?

My new M-y delivered on 6/22/23 (9 days after ordering it!). I had purchased Homelink (for the outrageous price of $385, tax and installation included) and it was installed today 6/28/23. The fully automated functionality is not complete and the Tesla tech who installed it at my house said that for full functionality, the M-Y should have the latest s/w version installed. He said: "It usually takes a couple of weeks for Tesla to send the update over the air".
I don't understand exactly why, but I am waiting (while the Homelink that came installed in my other Tesla M3/ 2018, opens/closes the garage with full functionality).