Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What sort of tires did your 3P+ come with for the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to swap the wheels and tires out from 20" to 18" upon collection of my Model 3P+ from the Tesla centre in the UK, and to reduce or eliminate possible bumps in my insurance (will it increase?), would like to get the same sort of tires. So what kind of tires did your 20" wheels come with?

Non standard alloys are likely to attract an increase on your insurance premium even if they are cheaper than the OEM ones.

I believe the tyres are Michelin Pilot 4S, but don't know for certain.

Thanks. Yeah I'm looking to fit the aftermarket TSportline 18".

I'd be interested to know the tires for the 3P- or AWD wheels as well if anyone has those.

Change of wheel will need to be notified to insurance as it is a modification. It is then up to them to decide how they treat it - may not be an instant response as some mods need to be cleared by the underwriters. It may not attract a premium change as it probably has no performance or safety impact (although may increase loss cost), but the new rims certainly need to be notified.

My p- defiantly has Pilot sport 4s. The model 3 in the Stockport service centre had Hankook tyres, so assume it had 19 inch wheels (wasn’t paying that much attention to be honest as had already seen the 3 before and there were a load in the car park too).

Reactions: dspwhite
Just seen these and they are a decent price but also by far the best rated for fuel efficiency, is the load rating too low for the M3P thought? They are designed for Porsche.

Attachments

• 7AAA309D-2C22-475D-A144-EF0D87658C02.png
    7AAA309D-2C22-475D-A144-EF0D87658C02.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 99