TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What specs are you planning?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Jan 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk's Director of Education

I suppose there are others, just need to keep looking. I have time, as I'm getting 60kW and number 378, I think I will have a long wait. September?

How about this one? Looks much better. Especially the black one.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=37547659504&spm=a1z0k.6846093.1130978137.d4913621.iy4PYy

2. lx3h

3. Lerxt

Lerxt Active Member

Out of interest I saw an interview with Elon Musk and he talked about where the parts for the MS came from. The majority of parts are from the US and Canada as well as Japan and Mexico. They asked him about China. He said almost nothing comes from China as it was not price competitive. Interesting.

4. CCT

CCT Member

Yes, that's right. I watched that one too. I think it was way back last year? Thing is labour costs have risen so rapidly and factories in China are finding it hard to cope with the pace of replacing workers with machines. For basic parts, shipping costs might add a lot to the unit cost. Of course, that might change when Tesla opens a factory in locally in China.

5. ekwng

ekwng Member

6. Lerxt

Lerxt Active Member

I'd be surprised if they opened a factory in China. No need. Economies of scale would mean it may well be better to stay in California.

7. lx3h

Depends, I never notice the smell of synthetic leather soccer boots when I walk into Gigasport or Marathon, even when I hold them on hands. Those covers from Taobao though, would probably smell, unless what they said is true, that they are real Carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP), then should be much better.