TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What state do you think will receive orders first?

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by AZCT42, Jan 4, 2020.

1. AZCT42

AZCT42 Member

I’m new to Tesla and not sure if California got the 3 or S first. Any ideas?

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

#2 Akikiki, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    You mean delivered vehicles? Built in CA? CA. Built in NV? NV. Employees get first ones.

• Like x 2
  3. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Cybertruck? Depends on where they build it. Employees always get theirs first. I'm with @Akikiki on this one, NV would make the most logistical sense, since it uses double the batteries of the 3 and S.

If I were Tesla, I would deliver to those customer who have bought the most cars first ;) The two trucks I ordered make #4 and #5

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Next time Elon is over at the house for chicken dinner, I am going to remind him that Xenoilphobe was supposed to get #4 and #5.

We know that after employees, they have started on West Coast and worked east. Hawaii is in the west coast region at Telsa but we didn't get X's and 3's til after east coast deliveries started.

• Funny x 3
  5. AZCT42

AZCT42 Member

Delivered vehicles, yes.

I wasn’t sure how they picked where deliveries started.

6. AZCT42

AZCT42 Member

Sweet. I’m in AZ!!!

7. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

Beijing :)

With Model Y fully ramped up by then and Semi and Roadster shipping who knows where Cycbertruck will be built and given the extreme cost cutting on Cycbertruck China might be a logical first factory to build them.

Just a thought.

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Will Elon use his clever wit and add a sticker to the bottom of a China built 3 that says "Made in China"?

9. Alset Srotom

Alset Srotom Member

A vehicle that size isn't going to move units in Beijing...

• Like x 1
  10. meomyo

meomyo Member

the uber rich will have them like the shieks in saudi arabia for sure. Its like the hummer was.

11. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Import taxes are terrible on trucks. It will be somewhere in North American. Possibly near the same foundry that will supply SpaceX.

• Like x 1
  12. Zer0t

Zer0t Member

I thought the deliveries would go by reservation number? I know they may start with a particular version (single, double or triple) but within that they’d go by your order position.

13. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.35.5

They are badged differently. I will post a photo once I track it down.

As for the Cybertruck, I agree that it will be delivered first in California or Nevada.

• Like x 1
  14. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

They batch the deliveries based on logistics of delivery. It was that way for all the cars they've built so far. Within a geographic region and amongst similarlty specced vehicles, I'm sure the reservation order is used to order those deliveries but reservation number seems to be only one of the sorting mechanisms they use and certainly not the primary one.