TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kmengelt, Jan 10, 2015.

1. kmengelt

kmengelt New Member

I see people posting their experience taking delivery of their new P85Ds. People are being given scarfs, shirts, etc.
    My question is what sorts of things are being done to make your delivery memorable? Doesn't have to be swag - can be any memorable moments.

2. Draconianruler

Draconianruler New Member

I got to met Mr. Elon Musk :biggrin:. That and a couple of scarfs on the car. My wife had told the DS that it was my birthday and wanted a bow on the car. They said they would do it but it never actually happened. Its OK since meeting Elon made up for it.

3. Terapin

Terapin Member

I got the two scarves and 2 grey owner's hats.

4. plaeuschler

plaeuschler Member

No swag in Switzerland last May unfortunately. They even had to clarify which car they are supposed to deliver. :)
    But I didn't mind, was just very happy I finally got hold of the most awsome car ever.

(edit: actually, they gave me two neoprene keyfob covers. Maybe that's not standard?)

5. redox

redox Member

Nothing... :(

6. dweeks

dweeks Member

A hat (ballcap)

7. Lump

Lump Active Member

Nothing at delivery except for a bottle water (Van Nuys) :crying:

Placed the order at the Topanga store on my wifes birthday & had to pay for hats & apparel, they were very generous & gave us each a keychain.
    Screen-Shot-2014-04-13-at-9.43.08-AM.jpg

8. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Two huge Tesla Coffee mugs

9. yak-55

yak-55 Member

Nada. Was looking forward to the bow on the car at least (but not to keep). No scarves, hats, anything ... not even a license plate frame.
    In fairness, I took delivery of my P85D on 12/30 and the SC had been slammed. Apparently they were out of stock of all the Tesla swag. I'm curious
    what is typical however, as the staff has been gracious about offering "that stuff" (all I asked for specifically was the license plate frame) when
    they have it in stock. What should I (reasonably) ask for ?

10. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

After my initial order in August 2014, they invited me for another test drive and afterwards I got a red Tesla bag, hat and 2 key chains. Now I would be just happy to get delivery of the car.

11. smsprague

smsprague Member

My DS opened up the cabinet and said take what you want. We got 2 key fob holders, 2 hats (black and red) and 2 mugs. At the Tesla stores you get a discount on merchandise for being a Tesla owner (20% I think). I have since picked up a couple of light jackets.

• Informative x 1
  12. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Nothing at delivery, although over the subsequent many months have received the key chain depicted above.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT than such gewgaws, however, we have received stunningly courteous and beyond-the-pale service again and again and again. I'll trade you 5 gigazillion mugs for an hour of the former.

• Like x 2
  13. thedaysbetween

We got two Tesla jackets! :smile:

• Love x 1
  14. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

We received nothing with our Model S. The last car buying swag I've gotten was two Aston Martin hats.

However, we did get some gray "Tesla Drivers Group" hats at the opening of the Dallas Gallery. Since it was also my wife's birthday they gave her that nice wool-like gray/white blanket.

Anyone can do swag, but only Tesla can make a Tesla. ;)

• Like x 1
  15. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Zip, nadda, both times.

16. tezzla

tezzla Member

#16 tezzla, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    At my P85D delivery Dec 30th @ Van Nuys: I got 2 scarfs draped over the front seats & a big bow on the hood (they didn't let me keep the bow though).

ps: and I missed Elon by a few hours

17. taurusking

taurusking Member

I got two fob pockets + tesla hat and a touch up paint pen (just in case for the future) at the time of delivery.

Later on I got tesla jackets black and red for the adults and grey with red logo for the kids.

18. Thumper

Thumper Member

Zilch, ever.

19. Glitch

Glitch Member

Ordered a 85D in the The Netherlands, went to Vegas just for fun and went to the Tesla Store for a test drive in the P85D. I told them I purchased the 85D and got 2 keychains and a Tesla Owners cap.

20. TTT

TTT Member

I posted a similar question prior to my delivery.

Delivery Expectations

What I wouldn't do again is take delivery in Fremont at quarter end. I took delivery at quarter end and the third day of 100 car/day delivery. Needless to say, the delivery experience was a little disappointing, my DS wasn't even there. I got no swag, but asked for some in the delivery lobby and they said they were out of key fob covers and only had one hat left since this was on the tail end of the end of quarter delivery. I eventually got two keyfob covers and a second hat from the Ownership Advisor I had been working with at our local showroom.
    Other than the delivery shortcomings my Tesla experience has been impeccable. I've plugged into the showroom's HPWC while shopping and returned to see that the TMC person shining the demo cars was shining my car, the SC has proactively called me to schedule to replace my brake booster, come Monday morning the SC will be picking my car up from my home to do some additional work on my car and leaving a loaner in it's place.
    Sure, I would have like some more swag, jackets would be nice, but I'm still glad I bought a MS.