Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery in Fremont on Friday. I got a pin, umbrella, mug, pen, and a handwritten note from my DES (who couldn't be there) in a large gift bag. At first, I noticed my key fobs were missing. My DOS was shocked they weren't there on the table with my paperwork and gift bag. He went to retrieve them from the back and they were on black rubber holders.

Reactions: fallen888
I took delivery in Fremont on Friday. I got a pin, umbrella, mug, pen, and a handwritten note from my DES (who couldn't be there) in a large gift bag. At first, I noticed my key fobs were missing. My DOS was shocked they weren't there on the table with my paperwork and gift bag. He went to retrieve them from the back and they were on black rubber holders.

I took delivery today at the Tilburg factory (in the Netherlands). Apart from the handwritten note (my DeS was there in person), I got exactly the same things as you did, plus a card with an invitation for a factory tour (held on Fridays in Tilburg). Of course my Model S has slightly different options than yours, so that's another difference ;)

Reactions: ssrajputev

I heard the black rubber holders are the new improved key fob protector, i think they look cool without covering the cool design of the fob.

Reactions: ssrajputev
I took delivery today at the Tilburg factory (in the Netherlands). Apart from the handwritten note (my DeS was there in person), I got exactly the same things as you did, plus a card with an invitation for a factory tour (held on Fridays in Tilburg). Of course my Model S has slightly different options than yours, so that's another difference ;)

Haha yeah, I actually had the factory tour the hour before my delivery. I was debating postponing it out like you, because my close friends couldn't make it. But, I'm glad I did because my reserved tour was private with only my group (co-worker and family) and another owner taking delivery for the who tour. When we came back to the sales/delivery area, there was a large group with about 50 people, including such owners who had postponed their tours. Also, Tesla said there's no limit to the amount of tours I can take, so I plan on scheduling another one this fall. I was so amazed by the whole process right in my backyard.

I'm so proud of Elon Musk and Tesla. I'm born and raised in Fremont/the Bay. My dad's old 2001 Toyota Tacoma was assembled in NUMMI (back in the GM-Toyota days). Since I work in Silicon Valley/tech, another way I'm connected to Tesla is Seagate is the main supplier of my company's products, and Tesla is leasing building space from Seagate on Kato Rd. in Fremont (a little further down from the main factory). For everyone (hundreds of people) who waited in line to place deposits for their Model 3 reservations, this is the same building we all waited in!

So many signs that I had to order and buy my Model S! LOL.

Reactions: hybridbear
I got 2 things at signing.

They asked to see my id so I took out the plastic bag I keep my id and cards in from my pocket. I use a plastic zip lock type bag instead of a wallet because I like how much thinner it is. He saw my plastic bag and laughed. "We can't have a Tesla owner carrying a plastic bag!" and gave me a wallet.

I don't like the wallet. Like others it's much too thick. I did find a use for it as a "car wallet." I keep it in the car holding car registration, insurance card, Chargepoint card, extra copy of my license, parking garage card, etc.

And I got an official owner's cap.

Looks like the umbrella, key fob holders, mug, pin, hats and pens are the new gifts. That is what I received. Of course I had to buy a few things after that. A couple of t shirts, golf shirts and the scale model.

Did you have to ask for all of these? I know my sales person said if I ordered in the store he'd give me a t-shirt but I wanted to do it at home in private like I'd done 100 times before.

I haven't taken delivery yet, but at time of sale at the service center I got 2 hats (wifey was there) and a handshake. So far so good. ;) I would much prefer my car come in 100% cosmetically perfect (paint for sure) and no mechanical issues affecting delivery more so than the swag, but a couple of goodies mentioned here wouldn't hurt much either. :cool:

Took delivery today and got what seems to be the standard baseline - gift bag with umbrella, coffee mug, pen, and pin. I looked at some of the apparel and noticed that they had mostly odd sizes - S or XXL. The DS told me that they've not been receiving any updated apparel as it's all going to be refreshed soon

How are the new key fob holders?
They're okay. I actually don't carry any keys anymore, so I pulled one off right away and tossed it in my pocket with my phone. I like how slick the fobs are without the rubber bit.

When Abstract Ocean gets the distressed leather fob pocket back in stock, I'm grabbing one, but until then - naked phone, naked fob.

Edit to add: Might as well just take a photo since i'm sitting here at work waiting to leave anyway right?
1ScyGeH.png

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.