Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got two Tesla "TDG - Tesla Drivers Group" Grey caps from my Owner Advisor at the Super Charger official opening event in Drummondville, QC.

Haven't taken delivery of the car yet, so I can't speak for that wonderful-and-so-anticipated event.

I had really looked forward to home delivery, which was part of the deal when I orderedmy car in 2011. "Delivery to anywhere that makes you smile" was a big part of the pitch and expected experience. By the time it was ready for delivery in 2013 they were no longer doing home delivery and I was required to go to the svc. center for delivery. In arranging for this I asked that my DS relay my displeasure up the line that I was not given the delivery I was promised when I ordered and confirmed the car. At the delivery they gave us 2 jackets to make up for the home delivery issue. Now I wonder if they were giving them to everyone anyway, based on what I'm reading in this thread. My car also had the chrome-look plastic license plate frame on it, but so did all the other MS's I started seeing around here.

My friend visited 2 Tesla stores in those early days and got keychains and crayons, which he dutifully turned over to me. When I went I got a test drive but no swag.

On service visits I did at different times get a wall calendar and some non-leather fob holders.

I was never offered shirts, hats, bags, mugs, or anything like that. Maybe if I upgrade to a D I should ask about swag since it seems very discretionary.

I think you're right that Service Centers must be reading this thread.

I just received word that when we take delivery of our Model X, they'll be throwing in a Signature Model 3* (upon release) as swag, AND we have been placed as Sig #1 for the upcoming Tesla Truck**.

So I'm pretty happy! Thanks, guys!

* & **: I think we're gonna need a bigger garage.

Last edited:
I am sure the Service Center reads this thread. I had a conversion with one of them that is aware of this thread.

One had said something around not giving swag due to funds going back to R&D.

I did get two Tesla Caps and Two Black Tesla Mugs from the Sales guy @ the Tesla Show Room

I think you're right that Service Centers must be reading this thread.

I just received word that when we take delivery of our Model X, they'll be throwing in a Signature Model 3* (upon release) as swag, AND we have been placed as Sig #1 for the upcoming Tesla Truck**.

So I'm pretty happy! Thanks, guys!

* & **: I think we're gonna need a bigger garage.

This is why we can't have nice things. Someone always takes more than their fair share & the next thing you know, sales people will have limits on what they can give away. "To be fair to everyone", they'll say. But it will be ME, picking up my X, who doesn't get all the swag because of new policies.

Bah.

My car also had the chrome-look plastic license plate frame on it, but so did all the other MS's I started seeing around here.
Got the rear license frame... which I took off when I got my vanity plates as it obscures my insurance sticker (good for a ticket). Didn't like it anyway... why (WHY!?) would someone think that a silver license frame with 'TESLA' on it should go right under the silver applique strip that also says 'TESLA' I will never understand! Must have been somebody they head-hunted from the Department of Redundancy Department in government somewhere... I mentioned that to my DES and he didn't disagree with me!

It would be nice if the plate screws were one of the two typical threads used by pretty much every other car manufacturer in the world, but that's another story...

I'd prefer the plate trim ring to say something else... "100% ELECTRIC", "Powered by Butterflies and Hummingbirds", or "Zero Emissions" for example... LOL

What I did about that, Beeeerock, is to put on the Tesla my "My other car is a malamute dog sled" frame, and the "Tesla" frame went on the F-350.

Problem solved.

I think...

I received a broken chrome plated license plate frame. That's it. They sent it overnight it to me in a thin paper envelope (paid much more for shipping than the frame is worth) only after I made a note to my DS that all new cars had it except mine. He apologized that the store was out of them. Somewhere on the way the frame got bent and cracked. I managed to fuse the plastic together and straighten it. It only uses the upper two screws to attach and I suspect it would flop and rattle on the liftback gate so I'm not going to use it on the car, will just send it to Amsterdam :)
IMG_2819.jpg

The DS said that Tesla is in the process of picking a new design for the plate frame.

Other than that so far I've gotten a couple of email surveys and an invitation to sign an NDA and join the EarlyAccess program.

I have bought:
  • Tesla t-shits and hats for family and friends, which is actually a bit silly considering that they are not driving a Tesla (yet)
  • a second Tesla UMC to use as my condo's charging station
  • a second TSL02 to J1772 adapter, 15-20p, and a 10-30p UMC plug adapters, an EVSEAdapters.com 14-50r to TT-30p adapter (those I will probably never use)
  • after long and hard consideration a Tesla TSL02 to CHAdeMO adapter
  • Tesla sunscreens for the pano roof and the back gate window
  • Protrim windshield sun deflector from amazon.com as the car spends some time in the sun
  • color matched Abstract Ocean fob pockets from amazon.com to protect the key fobs
  • the obligatory personalized license plates from Virginia's DMV :)
    IMG_2839.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG

I'm considering getting the winter rubber floor mats and an extension cord of some sort.

To me the biggest and the important "swag" is the car itself -- that is what I got at delivery :)

Other than that so far I've gotten a couple of email surveys and an invitation to sign an NDA and join the EarlyAccess program.
Anything unusual about your demographic that might have triggered the Early Access invitation? I volunteered to join through my delivery people and was told they'd forward on my particulars (I have no reason to believe they didn't - good guys)... but that the program was generally fully-subscribed and they would likely only accept people fitting demographics of interest to them.