Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Tesla items does the showroom have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for the all weather Tesla mats and wondering if those are available at the showroom or SC? I'd like to get them soon and not have to wait for the online delivery.

Also what else do they have in stock at the showrooms?

Looking for the all weather Tesla mats and wondering if those are available at the showroom or SC? I'd like to get them soon and not have to wait for the online delivery. Also what else do they have in stock at the showrooms?

Almost nothing. All I got upon delivery was the pair of thick leather key fob holders (really bad IMO, since replaced). They had nothing else in stock, not even swag items. I was hoping to look at the Tesla branded center console. But not even one of those going in another vehicle.

In their defense, the online store is out of most everything too. The extra charger takes 6 weeks minimum, the center console is similar. The online store won't even accept an order for the floor mats. The only thing I could buy from the online store, was the CHAdeMO adapter (not available in the store). That came within a couple of weeks. It has proven quite handy for me. CHAdeMO is very common around my state.

Accessory items has been an area of disappointment to me. I'll probably end up with an Evanex console insert, but less than thrilled.

Service center would be your only option for items that may be in stock, but they carry very little inventory. Most likely will have to order it online. Tesla, just as with ordering their cars, is not an instant satisfaction type of company. You pretty much have to wait for anything. A new car to be ordered, service appointments and yes, online ordered accessories. I've ordered several items over the years on multiple occasions. Their average turnaround time has been between 2 and 4 weeks, even for the simple items. Speedy delivery is definitely not their strong suit.

I have the all weather mats and do like them. However found out that they just buy Weathertech mats and stick their Tesla badge on them. They are absolutely 100% identical, yet through weathertech.com, you can get them for about half the price as what Tesla charges and they promise much faster delivery. The ONLY difference is they will not have the chrome badge that says "Tesla" on them. Other than that, there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE. They are the identical mats. So you pay around double just for that Tesla badge.

Anyway, just an option that would get them to you sooner, for around half the cost. I was pissed after purchasing mine from Tesla, only to discover Weathertech had the same mats for much less. 100% could care less that mine say Tesla in the far corner of the mats where nobody looks anyway.

I have the all weather mats and do like them. However found out that they just buy Weathertech mats and stick their Tesla badge on them. They are absolutely 100% identical, yet through weathertech.com, you can get them for about half the price as what Tesla charges and they promise much faster delivery. The ONLY difference is they will not have the chrome badge that says "Tesla" on them. Other than that, there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE. They are the identical mats. So you pay around double just for that Tesla badge.

On the Tesla on-line store, an interior mat set (two front, one rear) is $200. On the WeatherTech site, it looks like the same mats cost $249. How are the Tesla-branded mats double the cost?

On the Tesla on-line store, an interior mat set (two front, one rear) is $200. On the WeatherTech site, it looks like the same mats cost $249. How are the Tesla-branded mats double the cost?
Have you got your facts straight, or maybe there was a typo? I'm not following where the Tesla cost ($200) is less than Weathertech ($249), but you're questioning Tesla is double the cost?

FWIW, I have the Tesla versions and am happy with them not promoting another brand in my MS, including their more subtle black/white Tesla logo, vs the more prominent Weathertech version ...but to each their own. It's great there are options for us to each select from.

Have you got your facts straight, or maybe there was a typo? I'm not following where the Tesla cost ($200) is less than Weathertech ($249), but you're questioning Tesla is double the cost?

I believe I do have my facts straight but feel free to prove me wrong. Someone upthread said the Tesla-branded mats were double the cost of ordering from Weathertech. That statement is not consistent with the prices I see from looking on the Web sites just now (two hundred dollars for Tesla-branded, two hundred forty-nine dollars for Weathertech direct), so I'm questioning that statement.

FWIW, I have the Tesla versions and am happy with them not promoting another brand in my MS, including their more subtle black/white Tesla logo, vs the more prominent Weathertech version ...but to each their own. It's great there are options for us to each select from.

Thanks, that's good to know. It's kind of a moot point at the moment because the Tesla-branded mats are out of stock on both the Tesla Web site and in the service centers I asked.

My local (Salt Lake City) service center has a nice variety of hats, coats and the like. Also tire repair kits. But not a lot else.

When I bought the all weather floor mats they had to order them but that only took a few days. BTW, (as I think I mentioned on another thread) not only are the mats cheaper than from the manufacturer but the local service center gave a discount. So not only cheaper than the manufacturer but cheaper than the Tesla online store.

It's been a while since I looked, but I found the interior set at that time for $99. Looks like either the price has changed since then or possibly they were on sale. I stand corrected with regards to pricing. Everything else however, I believe to be accurate as far as timing and design.

It's been a while since I looked, but I found the interior set at that time for $99. Looks like either the price has changed since then or possibly they were on sale. I stand corrected with regards to pricing. Everything else however, I believe to be accurate as far as timing and design.

Got it. $99 was a good deal! I can understand your annoyance.

I'd go along with the rest of your comments, particularly with respect to timing since the Tesla mats appear to be sold out at the moment. (Annoyingly, that fact is not reflected in the page that describes the interior mat set, and you only find out after you put a set in your shopping cart and try to check out.) Ditto for the trunk mat set, in case anyone cares. I'm personally leaning towards a Tesla-branded set of mats (for looks and price), at least eventually, but it's not super-urgent.

I have also been trying to order the mats from Tesla. It is disappointing that you cannot back order them.
In addition, on the Weathertech site, they list only the rear mats for the 2015 Tesla. For older Model S, they do list the fronts. So that is confusing, but I have not yet called them to understand the difference. I wonder if it is really a difference of the D models vs. the year and maybe they are confused? I say that because other mat dealers seem to distinguish the D models.

I have also been trying to order the mats from Tesla. It is disappointing that you cannot back order them.
In addition, on the Weathertech site, they list only the rear mats for the 2015 Tesla. For older Model S, they do list the fronts. So that is confusing, but I have not yet called them to understand the difference. I wonder if it is really a difference of the D models vs. the year and maybe they are confused? I say that because other mat dealers seem to distinguish the D models.
IMHO, mat difference with D's is only in the Frunk... Front, Back, Trunk and Lower Trunk (3rd row foot well) are all the same.

Suggestion: If someone reading this pursues back seat WeatherTech Mats, be sure you confirm with them they will fit with the seats you have. Don't just order from a website. At least one other recent thread on TMC mentioned the WeatherTech rears have a problem around the front seat rails, i.e. their template isn't (or at least wasn't) quite right so the mat bunches up in that area on both sides as the seats are moved. OTOH, the Tesla rear mat fits correctly, albeit needs a bit of coaching to get it under the rails as the instructions that come with them recommend.

Thanks for everyone's input. I was able to stop by my sales center at Park Meadows and true to what other people said, they just have apparel and a few knick knacks. they don't carry the mats and like people have Pinter out, they are out online so I'll be calling the SC and hoping they have some mats in stock.

I have also been trying to order the mats from Tesla. It is disappointing that you cannot back order them [...]
??
FWIW shortly after I ordered my 70D, I phoned the local SC to order all-weather mats (interior and trunk) in hopes of them arriving before the car delivery. (For some reason my DS said to order mats directly from the SC whereas I was told to order the console I wanted via online store). Anyhow the mats were out of stock and backordered, but they took my order and eventually the mats arrived at the SC a couple weeks after I took delivery of my car. My DS phoned me when the mats arrived, I paid for them when I picked them up.

FWIW, I believe if one orders via a SC opposed to the Online Store, you don't pay shipping, you don't pay anything until you pick up the goods, and a SC has the ability to place an order for some parts that are backordered on the online store (at least that was the case with a spare adapter I wanted a few weeks ago.) It may be worth folks really wanting mats or whatever that is unavailable on the online store to check with their SC, assuming they live close enough to go pick up their stuff when it arrives.

further to my previous post, I confirm what Bert mentions above - I paid no shipping fee when I ordered the mats by phoning the SC and picking them up myself when they arrived. (the day they arrived my DS did offer to send them to me, but I wanted them right away, plus an excuse to drive to the SC).

I did have to pay local sales taxes on them, whereas I paid no tax on the console which I ordered via the online Tesla Store.

a side note for any fellow Canadians looking for the mats - I paid Cdn$212.40 + tax for each of the interior and rear trunk sets - taking into account the horrible C$/U$ exchange rate, even after tax this is cheaper than the U$200 price from the online store.