TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What the? "Action Required Tesla Motors Proof Of Delivery Please Reply YES"

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by disagree, Dec 16, 2016.

1. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I got an email from an @tesla address with the subject "Action Required Tesla Motors Proof Of Delivery Please Reply YES". Are they serious?

2. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

More of the email:

We require written confirmation that you have taken delivery of your Model X. By responding "yes" to this email, please confirm that you took delivery of the vehicle listed below in the month of December 2016 and that you agree with your final motor vehicle purchase agreement, which has been uploaded to and is available in your My Tesla account.

Is this common?

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I never got anything like that for my Model S.

4. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Same here, never got any notification like that for my S, but we bought over a year ago. I would check with your DS/sales center to see if it's legit.

5. bushburner

bushburner Member

they got your money and you got the car. so no worries

6. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

I would check with Tesla first to see if it's a legit email. Although I'm not sure what a phisher would get if you answered yes (they'll know you took delivery of a Tesla in December I guess, presuming there are no other links and questions in the email?)

If this was a legit email, the only thing I can guess is this may be related to Elon's recent request that every delivery must have actually occurred (meaning car physically delivered to customer) before counting as a sale. In the previous quarter, some sales were finalized even before the car was actually delivered to the customer.

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

Sounds like Tesla wanting to ensure their figures are as legit as possible to minimise opportunites for naysayers to rip into them.
    Assuming it is not phishing, then mostly harmless i think.

8. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

Some people on the forum here have indicated that they are being called by their DS because 'a slot just appeared for early january delivery' and asked to pay *this year* for a car that would be delivered next year. I think maybe this is part of that crackdown.

• Like x 1
  9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

For the most part, they aim for the best.

10. Jay MX

Jay MX Member

I just took delivery on Thursday and did not receive that email.

11. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Maybe some portion of your pickup paperwork was missed, and they want to check and make sure.

But I agree this probably has to do with making sure EOQ/EOY deliveries actually happened so that they can release accurate numbers ASAP. (Makes me think that they are very close to making their 80k goal for the year.)

12. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I received the email a week after delivery, so don't give up hope!