Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the? "Action Required Tesla Motors Proof Of Delivery Please Reply YES"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More of the email:

We require written confirmation that you have taken delivery of your Model X. By responding "yes" to this email, please confirm that you took delivery of the vehicle listed below in the month of December 2016 and that you agree with your final motor vehicle purchase agreement, which has been uploaded to and is available in your My Tesla account.

Is this common?

I would check with Tesla first to see if it's a legit email. Although I'm not sure what a phisher would get if you answered yes (they'll know you took delivery of a Tesla in December I guess, presuming there are no other links and questions in the email?)

If this was a legit email, the only thing I can guess is this may be related to Elon's recent request that every delivery must have actually occurred (meaning car physically delivered to customer) before counting as a sale. In the previous quarter, some sales were finalized even before the car was actually delivered to the customer.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Some people on the forum here have indicated that they are being called by their DS because 'a slot just appeared for early january delivery' and asked to pay *this year* for a car that would be delivered next year. I think maybe this is part of that crackdown.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Maybe some portion of your pickup paperwork was missed, and they want to check and make sure.

But I agree this probably has to do with making sure EOQ/EOY deliveries actually happened so that they can release accurate numbers ASAP. (Makes me think that they are very close to making their 80k goal for the year.)