TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What the heck is the difference in Blink charging plans?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by chuckd, Apr 2, 2015.

1. chuckd

chuckd Member

I'm feeling pretty stupid here, but after looking at the Blink charging plans I can't see any reason why I wouldn't become a member vs a guest membership. According to their site, neither charges anything up front or monthly; members simply get a better rate.

Am I missing something? Why wouldn't everybody always go for being a member?

2. Matt M

Matt M Member

There used to be a difference in the beginning where they claimed they'd charge a yearly fee to members, but that never happened. I think the difference now is just that you can charge if you pull up to any blink charger as a guest, but if you have the forethought to register as a member and get a card (linked to a credit card) you get the guest rate.

3. chuckd

chuckd Member

It definitely makes no sense. Why not just have members only at no charge other than power usage? I think we'd all appreciate the simplicity of that approach.