Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the heck is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model S with all the goodies. Installed version 2020.48.30 yesterday. Just went for a short drive and was quite surprised to see this on the drivers console. This anomaly occurs at 8 MPH or above, only.
IMG_4986.jpeg
Thoughts?

I'm going to guess you know that those yellow and red bands are due to the ultrasonic sensors thinking there are objects at those locations around the car? Are you saying there was nothing around the car while you were driving? ..... like going down a tight one lane area with curbs on the side?

Quite familiar with the “normal” arcs that come and go as one travels. They are dynamic and have questionable value except when parking or entering a tight space (my garage). These are static and as you see them depicted. As stated, they appear at precisely 8 mph and remain until one drops below that speed. Test drive involved wide 2 lane and 4 lanes as well. No effect. They appeared after latest s/w download. Previous was 2020.48.26, I think. The version that gave us “small fonts”.

2018 Model S with all the goodies. Installed version 2020.48.30 yesterday. Just went for a short drive and was quite surprised to see this on the drivers console. This anomaly occurs at 8 MPH or above, only. View attachment 625839 Thoughts?
According to Teslascope, 48.30 is an update for Mdl 3 only. Hmmm, which begs the question, why did the system allow it to be installed on my mdl S. Could it be the UI developers responsible for the “small font” fiasco have been moved to a different group responsible for update distribution? Just askin.

According to Teslascope, 48.30 is an update for Mdl 3 only. Hmmm, which begs the question, why did the system allow it to be installed on my mdl S. Could it be the UI developers responsible for the “small font” fiasco have been moved to a different group responsible for update distribution? Just askin.
Teslascope is wrong. I have 48.30 installed in my MS, and according to TeslaFi, 48.30 is installed on thousands of MS vehicles.

My BAD! Of course a reboot should be tried before bringing my troubles / concerns to this austere group. In my feeble defense, very few times have I needed to reboot after a s/w update. This is because the last routine in all updates is suppose to be a reboot. If you're enough of a Tesla geek (you know who you are) you have probably sat in the car while your FIRST update was downloading & installing, just to witness the magic, including the reboot. Thanks for the reminder & guidance minus any sarcasm.