Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will look into it when I see one on the street. Right now, too many "future/coming/concept" car talk that maybe more than a few years away. Back in 2018, I saw a production car at the autoshow and it supposed to be available 1st quarter of this year. It's 4th quarter 2019 and none have shown up on the dealership lot yet. Lucid said 2020 but I doubted. Nice car though.
I ping them and they said production starts in 2020 for delivery in 2021 for reserved orders.

Got our X today. Absolutely perfect inside and out. (It took my son all of 15 minutes to make a mess in it, but toddlers are going to toddler). 5 weeks minus one day from Order to Delivery. Drives like a dream. Looks great parked next to our 3 in the driveway. Feels good to be fully electric now!
congrats! I have a feeling I'll be a Q4 delivery

I got V10 yesterday on my 3. I'm thrilled to have purchased FSD now!

Every 3 will have it next week.

We took delivery of our 2019 Model X Perf yesterday. Build is 9/19. It was in good shape, only a spot on the rear bumper didn’t get painted too well but the cure is worse than the disease.

We were disappointed to see the dash is black/black even with white interior, and the front floor mats horrible compared to our 2016 X. Sometimes Tesla changes things for the worse. But overall its a much better car

It updated to v10 this morning.

Last edited:
They screwed up your interior, I got white and mine has the white lower dash as pictured on web site. Black should get fewer visible shoe scuffs but if you want the white insist they correct it. Mine is only two weeks old and has the white. There are other posts about this Tesla mistake.

Every 3 will have it next week.

We took delivery of our 2019 Model X Perf yesterday. Build is 9/19. It was in good shape, only a spot on the rear bumper didn’t get painted too well but the cure is worse than the disease.

We were disappointed to see the dash is black/black even with white interior, and the front floor mats horrible compared to our 2016 X. Sometimes Tesla changes things for the worse. But overall its a much better car

It updated to v10 this morning.
They should fix your interior if its all black... you ordered black and white and it should be black and white. I hope they don't screw up my Raven - I'd ask them to fix it with the bumoer

• Helpful
Reactions: mal_tsla
They should fix your interior if its all black... you ordered black and white and it should be black and white. I hope they don't screw up my Raven - I'd ask them to fix it with the bumoer

Respray paint is horrid. Lots of experience with that. We would do just about anything to avoid a re-spray. In this case, the car will have XPel Stealth PPF so it may not matter in the end.

So I picked up the car last night 6pm. Everything went smooth paperwork took 10 min and another few minutes to go over the car. I did a quick once over not as good as I should because I had my 4 year old and my 22 month old with me an if anyone here has little boys that get excited about cars you could imagine how crazy that experience was. I am happy to report that this morning I did a long detailed look over and this car is perfect!! Trust me I don’t use that word lightly I couldn’t find anything wrong. Door alignment panel gaps paint was all amazing being a model 3 owner I was pleasantly surprised. I’ve had a couple S class Mercedes-Benz with air suspension and this thing rides as good if not better. Overall I’m so happy definitely worth the wait. Side note I want to thank everyone here that has contributed to this thread especially the OP. I have a 6,000 mile road trip I’m starting on Friday and the plan was to take this car. I had been going on the Tesla site every few days for the past few months trying to decide when to order. The site said two weeks so I was going to pull the trigger in the second week of September so that I got my car sometime this week. After I read this thread I immediately pulled the trigger on August 24th, had I not done that I definitely wouldn’t have got my car in time. So thanks again I love this community!!!

So I picked up the car last night 6pm. Everything went smooth paperwork took 10 min and another few minutes to go over the car. I did a quick once over not as good as I should because I had my 4 year old and my 22 month old with me an if anyone here has little boys that get excited about cars you could imagine how crazy that experience was. I am happy to report that this morning I did a long detailed look over and this car is perfect!! Trust me I don’t use that word lightly I couldn’t find anything wrong. Door alignment panel gaps paint was all amazing being a model 3 owner I was pleasantly surprised. I’ve had a couple S class Mercedes-Benz with air suspension and this thing rides as good if not better. Overall I’m so happy definitely worth the wait. Side note I want to thank everyone here that has contributed to this thread especially the OP. I have a 6,000 mile road trip I’m starting on Friday and the plan was to take this car. I had been going on the Tesla site every few days for the past few months trying to decide when to order. The site said two weeks so I was going to pull the trigger in the second week of September so that I got my car sometime this week. After I read this thread I immediately pulled the trigger on August 24th, had I not done that I definitely wouldn’t have got my car in time. So thanks again I love this community!!!
thrilled to hear it and ditto on the 2 boys I got a 6 and 3 year old.. I won't plan on bringing them to delivery (not planning - but you know how that goes!

• Love
Reactions: Vegas Shuffle
Congrats. Hope my deliver on the 2nd goes as well as yours.

• Love
Reactions: Vegas Shuffle