Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good News!!!! I just got the long awaited text for delivery schedule. I was given a choice between 8/29 and 8/30/19. Just to recap:
Order date: 7/27
Order Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Confirmation:7/27
Delivery: 8/29 or 8/30
Description: MX LR white/white 7seater
Note: Still No VIN assigned on my account

Hope the vehicle have no issues during delivery

So 5 weeks. Since I am in Fremont, my order will probably take 4 weeks. 2 more weeks to go.

Just got this email from Tesla,
"As of right now, there are no vehicles in inventory that matches your order. We only have Performance Model X's with white interior and white exterior. With the recent change of Pearl White being a standard color, not Solid Black, many of my customers are experiencing a delay with white exterior at this time too.

I do not have a definite timeline as of right now, but because you ordered early in the month, you are definitely higher in the queue. My estimate would be end of this month or beginning of September for a VIN, but again I cannot say for sure."

So 4-5 weeks is probably about right. It probably wouldn't have been an issue had the design studio reflected the actual time. However we planned around 2 weeks so a lot of things are in motion that will be a pain to shift around.

where does one find the tracking info? and once you do get a VIN does it really only take 2 wks till delivery? is that the 2 wk period you are all discussing?
i leave the state in early Oct. i hope the car makes it here.
I got the text from Tesla and scheduled delivery in Pittsburgh on 8/30. But I don’t have a Vin in my account up to this point.
So I guess the VIN assignment is not consistent prior to delivery

where does one find the tracking info? and once you do get a VIN does it really only take 2 wks till delivery? is that the 2 wk period you are all discussing?
i leave the state in early Oct. i hope the car makes it here.
Actually the VIN didn’t show up in the account until about 2 days before delivery. What I found is that I got a call on 8/7 scheduling delivery and confirming details (trade, payment, etc.) the purchase agreement showed up in my account immediately after that and had my VIN. So if that is available to you you can find your VIN in there.

So after today’s announcement about Tesla expanding to more European countries, I feel that the message my SA gave about prioritizing overseas orders was right. They may had to produce some cars so that they can have inventory at hand upon the launch in those countries. Just my guess.

Actually the VIN didn’t show up in the account until about 2 days before delivery. What I found is that I got a call on 8/7 scheduling delivery and confirming details (trade, payment, etc.) the purchase agreement showed up in my account immediately after that and had my VIN. So if that is available to you you can find your VIN in there.
I just looked (again) in my account. And..there’s the VIN! I guess I’ll have to wait for the purchase agreement. I’m thinking of writing a check for the value estimate they give for my trade in. Instead of trading my old car in during the delivery. KBB is giving me a higher price than what Tesla offers. I’ll be happy to sell the car to someone else with an amount higher than Tesla, it would at least cover for the cost to install the charger.

8DC95B6F-31C3-42D5-B56C-703BA34E71EC.jpeg
Ordered July 31st. Just received this today.

Alright guys! Finally I got a text from tesla. After almost a month they texted me only to to tell me that they are still doing final touches on my car and that I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks before they schedule my delivery. No vin yet.

Another 2-3 weeks of agony lol! I just hope the quality is better for this one. Letting you wait for a month and half then you see a lot of issues on delivery day would be disappointing. Fingers crossed!

I ordered mine on 7/27 pearl white with white inferior, fsd, 6 seater and 22 inch wheels.

Just an update. Got a call from Tesla few minutes ago telling me my delivery is delayed. They moved the date from 8/30/2019 to 9/7/2019.

Order date:7/27
Model X white/white 7 seater
I also have a VIN now in my account

I am cringing reading all of these posts.... I thought I was going to have my car next week.....

I ordered mine on 8/15. I was told I would receive the vin by the 22nd and the car would ship from CA on the 28th. Here it is the 27th and I still haven't received the vin!!!

My wife and I have been sharing a car for 3 weeks now. With 2 jobs, and day care for our 20 month old it has a been a HUGE pain in the ass. If it really takes 4 more weeks I am going to have an X, and an ex....

I ordered a white exterior, black int, 20" wheels, no FSD. I am in NY.

I am cringing reading all of these posts.... I thought I was going to have my car next week.....

I ordered mine on 8/15. I was told I would receive the vin by the 22nd and the car would ship from CA on the 28th. Here it is the 27th and I still haven't received the vin!!!

I ordered a Red LR Cream 5 seater on August 7th. I was originally told I would have it in two weeks. The sales manager just called to let me know that I can now expect to get it sometime near the end of September. He thinks it will make it to Littleton, CO sometime in the second week of September, then take a week to do final delivery prep, then up to a week to find an independent trucker to deliver it to me in New Mexico.

I don't really buy it, but he claimed that the switch from Black to White as the base "free" color option resulted in a huge influx of orders that they did not expect, resulting in the current backlog.

Wow this is great news! I just received an email from my advisor saying that a car with my exact specifications just left the factory! Tomorrow is only week 2 for me!

I am super excited and I hope this is true!!!

See email below.

Attachments

• 495F4BC7-5892-4E03-A48F-A47B8ECB6816.jpeg
    495F4BC7-5892-4E03-A48F-A47B8ECB6816.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 69