Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am cringing reading all of these posts.... I thought I was going to have my car next week.....

I ordered mine on 8/15. I was told I would receive the vin by the 22nd and the car would ship from CA on the 28th. Here it is the 27th and I still haven't received the vin!!!

My wife and I have been sharing a car for 3 weeks now. With 2 jobs, and day care for our 20 month old it has a been a HUGE pain in the ass. If it really takes 4 more weeks I am going to have an X, and an ex....

I ordered a white exterior, black int, 20" wheels, no FSD. I am in NY.
I feel your pain. I'm going through similar experiences (sharing 1 car/having a 2yo)

Ugh, ordered a blue/white 7 seat inventory last week. Was set for delivery on Monday, until I got a call today telling me the car had hail damage and was at the body shop for repainting. They can either discount the one in the body shop, look for a demo (no new inventory matches mine) or order a new one from the factory. They are pulling together options and will get back with me in a few ours to let me know when the body shop will be done and if they have found any existing cars anywhere. Being in Texas, the new car is fully paid for and insured ahead of delivery and I'm still driving my 2017X90 that I was going to trade in for the foreseeable future...=\

Sounds like new orders are taking longer than the 2 weeks they list on the website.

Last edited:
Is that good? Didn't you see a three week delivery time from date of order? Cheers
Yeah the website definitely said “2 weeks” when we ordered mid August, and we planned financing and PPF wrap appointment accordingly. September actually got really busy for us so a delivery in October is actually better. I would have preferred to know up front that my wait was 7 weeks so I could have planned things better and not have to scramble at the last minute.
My BMW took 8 weeks to be delivered, then “fell off the truck” at the port and I had to wait another 8 weeks. The big difference between these experiences is that BMW was giving me weekly updates either through the dealer or their tracking website. It’s pulling teeth to get any information from Tesla.

Ordered a week ago tomorrow. Still no contact or VIN. Works out since we are due with our second child any day now! But then again, our 3 is small and the RAV4 we are trading in will feel even smaller. White, Six Seat, Long Range. Bay Area. Chose to take delivery in San Francisco

Ordered a week ago tomorrow. Still no contact or VIN. Works out since we are due with our second child any day now! But then again, our 3 is small and the RAV4 we are trading in will feel even smaller. White, Six Seat, Long Range. Bay Area. Chose to take delivery in San Francisco
Ordered the same one 3.5 weeks ago in Bay area. Should be another 3 before it shows up. Sounds you will get the little bundle of joy before the X.