Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white black interior long range 5 seater on 8/11/19. I'm 30 miles from the factory. After 2 weeks with no Vin or update I talked to my SA and she said the information she had was a backlog of white and to expect last week of September or first week of October. She said if i changed my color it "probably" would go faster and bring that time into first or second week of September. So on 8/26/19 I decided to change to blue and they found me an inventory blue, white interior, 5 seat in southern California with 10 miles on it built last week of July. I decided to take it and if all goes well I take delivery Sept. 3. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: BBone
Got a call mid morning, "can we deliver your model x this afternoon?"

So i iave the X, it is great. Panel gaps paint fwd alighment all hood. My issue is, my X shows up in the app but i can't access it. Says "vehicle in service"

The delivery guy said it would update once i left the delivery center geofencing. Not true. Local
service center says it may take til Tuesday due to the holiday for all the purchase paperwork to go through and the system to update. So love the X and happy it's in my driveway. Once again fingers crossed the app thing clears up.
Screenshot_20190901-225650.png

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Got a call mid morning, "can we deliver your model x this afternoon?"

So i iave the X, it is great. Panel gaps paint fwd alighment all hood. My issue is, my X shows up in the app but i can't access it. Says "vehicle in service"

The delivery guy said it would update once i left the delivery center geofencing. Not true. Local
service center says it may take til Tuesday due to the holiday for all the purchase paperwork to go through and the system to update. So love the X and happy it's in my driveway. Once again fingers crossed the app thing clears up.
View attachment 449398
Can you post some pics? I've been looking at that precise combination myself. Congrats by the way!

Finally I received a text that my model x is in transit. I am taking delivery this coming Saturday Sept 7. I am hoping that there wont be any major issues on the car. fingers crossed!

Ordered on 7/27 and delivery on 9/7 so I think thats a total of 6 weeks worth of wait. LR white-white 6 seat, 22 onyx wheels, FSD and FUSC.

I ordered a Red LR Cream 5 seater on August 7th. I was originally told I would have it in two weeks. The sales manager just called to let me know that I can now expect to get it sometime near the end of September. He thinks it will make it to Littleton, CO sometime in the second week of September, then take a week to do final delivery prep, then up to a week to find an independent trucker to deliver it to me in New Mexico.

My SA just called to let me know that they are expecting 100 vehicles in Littleton by the middle of the month. Mine should be one of those. They will not assign me a VIN until they have had a chance to inspect the Model X that was built for me, and verify that it has not been damaged in transit. So, if the news is good I should have a VIN sometime the week of September 15th.

Interesting. Thats not how they did it for me. I received word last week that a car just left the factory that matched my specs. My agent claimed it and 5 days later it was in NY at my dealer. I am driving there tomorrow morning to pick it up at noon. I was going to do a home delivery but it would take another few days to get to me. Thankfully another Tesla owner told me that Tesla will pay for a rental and a hotel night. They DID! So thats what I am doing tomorrow.

Ordered white long range 7 seat on 8/28. In transit text today scheduled delivery for 9/14.
Where are they delivering it to? Seems like they’re fulfilling all the cross country orders right now and not doing California/Bay Area? At least not until the end of September.
Or is it completely up to how proactive your Tesla customer service is to reserve one off the production line?? My person is definitely not proactive.

Where are they delivering it to? Seems like they’re fulfilling all the cross country orders right now and not doing California/Bay Area? At least not until the end of September.
Or is it completely up to how proactive your Tesla customer service is to reserve one off the production line?? My person is definitely not proactive.

3 weeks no update since 8/14 order.
LR X, white ext, 6 white seats, delivery to Las Vegas SC.

So I just called - got VIN and estimate delivery 19 Sep.

I suggest calling for it.

Ya I called, order placed July 31st, and still no VIN. This buying process has been TERRIBLE. We are seriously considering cancelling our order and keeping the Benz. If they are unable to communicate honestly with us about order time to delivery, and it sounds like they are providing terrible customer service post delivery, it really makes us think twice about spending money with this company. Buying a car shouldn't take this long, it shouldn't be this difficult and they need to seriously revamp their communications.

1-888-518-3752. 1-888-51-TESLA

This is the number on the reservation page on your account online.

I've tried calling this number a few times and end up getting routed to a voicemail that has yet to call me back. Ordered on 8/17 black / black 20", confirmed same day, haven't heard a peep from Tesla since. I've submitted tickets through the site as well. Agree with alphainfinity that any amount of communication would be nice, I get more updates when I order takeout than I have with this $100k car.