TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What tires are fitted on recent P100Ds?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jjdsyd, Aug 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

Picking up a demo P100D next week. They are doing a wheel swap. What tires should I expect on 21" turbines - Pilot Sports or Super Sports? I seem to remember reading Tesla may be playing around with different rubber lately?

2. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

I have Pilot Super Sports on my P100D that I just took delivery of with 21" turbine wheels.

3. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

Thanks.

4. rbt3

rbt3 Member

Same here, Pilot Super Sports in staggered size 245 front and 265 rears on 21" grey turbines.

5. conman

conman Member

Count me as a me too. Same as the others on 21" turbines.

6. rbt3

rbt3 Member

Just a little more info., I have a 2013 P85 with 21"Tesla grey turbine wheels that is currently pending sale, and it has Michelin Pilot SuperSports in 245/35/ZR21's all 4 wheels (non-staggered sizes). The new P100D I just took delivery of 2 days ago has the new "TO" (Tesla Only?) designated Michelin PilotSuperSports which have an acoustic noise dampening foam fill in them I believe. They are slightly quieter I think than my old tires, both cars have air suspension. I love both cars and have been very blessed and fortunate to have owned both as they are the best cars I've ever driven. Good luck!

• Like x 1