TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What tires are on your car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Andrew Wolfe, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

We saw prototypes with various tires. Continental Extreme Contact DW and Michelin Pilot, for example on 21" wheels.

What tires are actually shipping on delivered cars?

Are they the tires on the spec page? Continental Extreme Contact DW for 21" and Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 for 19"?

Any owners that can chime in?

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yes, I got the spec'd Continental ExtremeContact DW's on my 21" wheels. I like 'em; ride, traction, etc all seem great.

I ordered 19" winter tires and got Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (you could also order the Eagles, or Nokians with studs). The Pirellis were alarmingly slippery at first, but I assume there was some film on them; they seem to be getting better.

3. rbmartin

rbmartin Model S Sig. 517

Mine came with the Continentals also.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

^ Ditto.

5. Vger

Vger Active Member

There was talk of the Michelin Pilot Sports being available at some point, maybe as an option. Any word on that from reputable sources?

6. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

The Michelin appear to be test tires placed on Elon's car. Supposedly working on an upgraded or different suspension package for some later release.